1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

1) Stewart Mandel has a good column in The Athletic in which he admits to 'buying the spin" that the B10 delivered about the infallibility of new, super-duper, rapid-fire testing.
    2) Although Nebraska is not the one with the problem, I am amused that the Huskers' first two weeks include a shellacking and a no contest.
    3) Starting at the same time as everybody else might not have spared the B10. We're just starting the Trumpandemic's anticipated fall-winter wave, which was inevitable in general but magnified because of the lack of leadership from the Science-Denier in Chief.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

While I understand the rationale behind the GOP attacks on "big tech" - do we not have laws against using the US Mail for fraudulent purposes, and other nefarious deeds?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Senate Rs had a big grandstanding day with the tech CEOs. These guys are a lot more docile than me because I would have fired right back.
    They should have called Trump a liar and the members of the committee enablers to their face.
    Every one of those people are billionaires, so it's not like they have a whole to worry about by speaking their mind.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I think there's a chance, albeit small, Trump could win outright, or a larger chance he uses the courts to get a win he didn't get but it looks more and more like Biden is going to win and its going to be because Obama voters coming home after sitting 2016 out.

These 2012/not 2016 voters are turning out in large numbers in key swing states:
    FL - 177,185 D +9.6
    GA - 101,904 D +10.7
    IA - 25,813 D +11.2
    MI - 91,311 D +8.5
    MN - 40,069 D +16.8
    NC - 93,915 D +14.5
    PA - 60,297 D +28.5

With no serious third-party choice, which were the pickles in Trump's 2016 secret sauce win, it gets harder and harder to pull off am unlikely outcome.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Win or lose, history will not treat Trump kindly. Why? In part, because of insane rants like this:

Vote accordingly.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Trump at a Cabinet meeting

Fred siegle likes this.
  8. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

The Dow watch down 939 in the corner is the chef's kiss

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That’s Trump territory, unless they were all from New Castle.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe Mark Mangino ate them.

11. tapintoamerica

The most recent Rasmussen poll was conducted for an organization known as "Liberty Nation." Nothing about the name of that operation that's the lease bit suspicious. No way. Previous Rasmussen polls were not conducted on behalf of an outside entity. So try again.

12. tapintoamerica

Indeed Trump won it 66%-29% in 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.