1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tucker was mailing the documents to himself?

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Isn't this the literal opposite of the Wisconsin ruling? Yeah, I get that states administer their own elections, but like everything else in 2020: "Ready. Fire! Aim."

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court refused Wednesday to second-guess election rules in North Carolina, a key battleground state, that allow absentee ballots postmarked by Election Day to be counted if they arrive up to nine days later.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Tucker Carlson should be pulled apart by horses and his entrails fed to pigs.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Why do you hate pigs ?

5. heyabbott

I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn’t have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN’T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Please, tell this assembly line worker from rural Indiana all about blue collar life, Kroger-brand J.D. Vance.

7. heyabbott

Humans are stupid and willing to believe anything if it makes them feel good. 1.2 billion literally believe that they drink the literal blood of Christ and eat his literal body at every Mass

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Cheap wine and shitty bread. When last I took communion many decades ago.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Russia, if you’re listening, teach his staff how to create a pdf.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, I guess I’d tell you that it isn’t 30 million people.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

fear!

Man oh man Twitter’s in for a rough go once Biden wins.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I plan on voting in person on the day, as my polling place is a brisk walk away and the weather indicates that Election Day is likely to be the break in a 2-3 week stretch of unseasonably crappy weather. One of the topics of our editors' meeting this week was whether or not we're going to buy small pizzas for the staff, just about all of which is working from home, or just get gift cards (at least one of our staffers is gluten-intolerant).

If I recall correctly, origin is in play here. In Wisconsin, the Supreme Court overruled an appellate decision allowing late ballots to be counted, but the original law from the Reichstag in Madison banned them. In this case, the state law explicitly allows it and the GOP was trying to get that overturned. If there is a guiding principle to all this, I believe there's a decision called Purcell that basically says the courts shouldn't overrule standing election laws after a certain point before the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.