1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Warrior princess.

HanSenSE, 3_Octave_Fart and Mngwa like this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My favorite of his...

Dreadnought by Robert K. Massie

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Thank you. That one will go on Santa's list.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Still praying for the best. I hope this is a sign you're feeling okay. I'll post some recs in the Breakaway room when I'm done with work.

In other news: My clients are losing their minds. The end of this election can't come soon enough. After this is over, I WANT to indulge in chemically induced impairment and an Anglican priest young enough to be my child so there will be suitable guilt with appropriately inappropriate callbacks to D. H. Lawrence or Laurence Fishburne or even Lawrence Welk, who was probably a freak on the downlow. No, there are no specific priests in mind. Actually, The Thorn Birds ruined clergy for me.

Who am I kidding? I'm going to sleep in except for interludes of delivered grocery store sushi and ginger ale repasts for a day after it's all over.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm actually pretty good. Thanks. Yesterday and this morning were crappy because of the hurricane weather blowing through, but the sun is out now. I am fortunate to live where I can distance from people and still get out and about. As long as I can get outside, I'm golden. I haven't left my property in a week, but I can at least be out doing things. I actually just came from picking up sticks in the yard that have blown out because of the weather. I walked over to my folks' where my dad was sitting on his front porch, and I was standing in the yard talking to him.

7. TigerVols

You'll enjoy it; it's sparked my historical hobby which is everything 1890-1914.

OscarMadison and 3_Octave_Fart like this.
  8. TigerVols

Oh yeah he was!

[​IMG]

HanSenSE, OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  9. 3_Octave_Fart

Aye. Thank you.

Our organs and institutions are works of genius. All of 'em. That's why there's so much damned anger over a clown and his henchmen wrecking them.

We have a civics emergency in the country and I hope historical literacy will be part of the vaccine.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

A one, and A two, and A three...

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted