1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

HanSenSE, Facebook is such a miserable hellhole these days. I can't imagine what it will be like in a week.

HanSenSE and Spartan Squad like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Think about it - he'll never have crowds like this ever again (if he loses). I doubt he'd be welcomed back to a Republican convention (they tend to shun losers).

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Bigly. Yuuuuuge. The best narcissist since Narcissus himself! Narcissus fell into the water because he was a sucker and a loser.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the phrase is overused why the need for a voting rights act if people have the right to vote and are voting

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What makes you think he won't run around holding rallies as an ex-President? He's a junkie, they're the fix.

Fred siegle likes this.
  7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Of all the posts I've ever read on here, "People are voting in high numbers so how can there be voter suppression?" definitely is one of them.

Not a shocker that Pravda Boi co-signed.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

17 super-spreader events.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Let’s not forget: He can run again.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There is no "right to vote" in our country - not in the Constitution. The "franchise" has been enshrined in general, but it isn't specific to individuals. I'd also argue that the Electoral College needs an adjustment - I do think its good that it requires candidates to have broad-based support, but the way the votes are allotted has left us with a federal government that is more frequently ruled by a minority of the people than not. That isn't good for government stablility. We need government to have the consent of the governed and the bigger the margin the better.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Every time Trump said or did something objectively awful, there was a whole chorus of Yankee Fans out there point out something that Obama, Clinton or Biden did that was kinda, sorta the same thing and if I gave them a passs., Trump needs to get a pass, too.

It almost made me wonder if that was the whole purpose of his presidency.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.