1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So that some asshole can't decree that there shall be only one turn in box in a county with four and half million people, for a starter.

Or so that Black people don't continually have the shittiest, most broken, slow, and hard to use system as possible for another.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This is going to be a new subgenus that pops up - the overly concerned liberal who wants more 'comity' shown the other side.

It's also where OOP gets to play a contrarian, so he is well suited for the part.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump and McConnell went scorched earth on the Democratic Party and any citizen they represented. Literally they employed scorched earth against California in their delayed response to a natural disaster.

I’m perfectly willing to pull women out of their homes and shave their heads in the market square for aiding and comforting the Nazi occupiers. Because as was noted above the Christian conservatives don’t learn from history, they just bide their time and double down. Might as well exact vengeance in this life, because the next doesn’t exist.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Also about the only time he's heard the word "No."

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Not to screw up a perfectly good talking point, but so did the U.S. Army. Reinhold Gehlen was a Nazi intelligence officer who ran the part which specialized in Russia, and he made a deal to do so for the Army after the war. The Gehlen Organization was nearly all German army at minimum, but many of them had been SS/SD. Gehlen arranged for many of the officers and families involved to be resettled in South America with American assistance. The Gehlen Org later became the core of West German intelligence.

Then there's the "our Nazi's were the good Nazi's" like Von Braun. Facilities at Peenemunde were built with slave labor.

Yeah, I'm sure that there was a documents for gold exchange of some sort going with Vatican insiders, some for cash, some for political or other reasons. There were a lot of people who were making big money on smuggling people, valuables, providing documents or screwing poor refugees out of what little they had. Wars are bad.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

That's what you took from that cartoon? Sexism? Not that Serena Joy Barrett will set women back 150 years? Because that's what that cartoon says.

Fred siegle and OscarMadison like this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

abbott-

McConnell established how the game is to be played. I am fine with any strategy pursuant to making them fully recognize this and be accountable for it.

I hope we have plenty of what happened in that AFC wild card game last year, when the Titans took a delay penalty just so they could burn 40 more seconds off the clock.

Belichick and the Patriots watched, but not so much helplessly. They knew they'd have done the same fucking thing.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I see that Carole Baskin is up to her old tricks.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I love the shit out of this line.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.