1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Good post. I'll point out one irony.

Trump, through his contrarian, dope-with-the-soap whatever-ness actually undid some of the mismanagement in our foreign policy by being the difficult ass he is. Or, well, he didn't make it worse. Whatever gaffes he made, and he made plenty, he kept America out of the shocking moral quagmire of what we did from roughly, oh, 2003-2010 or so, and the hideous aftermath involving ISIS, a monstrous annals-of-history group of terrorists who did things that will be remembered for generations and used as fuel for wars.

He doesn't leave one of those for Biden to clean up. Bush left Obama that, and Obama did, perhaps, as well as most could. But if there's a handful of fears I'd have with a Biden presidency, one of them is that perhaps the people most opposed to Trump - who insisted on Russia, Russia, Russia - were in the part of government that rather likes to push buttons in other parts of the world to effect some change or extract some personal financial benefit, like Cheney and so many others.

The shitshow of drug issues we see in America today? Some of that's Reagan's fault, because of 1980s proxy wars. And I'd say we haven't really begun to get our arms around the fallout of what ISIS did,, what the Iraq War did. It's still too fresh. History doesn't work that quickly. Whoever emerges from the flaming husk of a nation that is Iraq, we'd better be ready for them to be deeply hostile to us. At least prepared for it.

People in that part of government want to start shit. All the time, almost anyplace. The offer will come across Biden's desk, too. You hope he, or whomever, says no.

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Trump, through his contrarian, dope-with-the-soap whatever-ness actually undid some of the mismanagement in our foreign policy by being the difficult ass he is. Or, well, he didn't make it worse.

So, having long-time allies like Great Britain, France, Germany, Canada, the Netherlands, Belgium, Japan, etc., etc., etc., think we are fools, and wanting nothing to do with us, is progress in American foreign policy? How did I miss that?

OTOH, Russia loves us, and Trump greatly enhanced the profile of that tinpot North Korean. More winning!

3. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

Journalists have zero problem being sexists when it's politics they don't agree with.

It's easy to fall back into sexism when you've lived your entire life in a sexist society. It's easy to fall back into into racism when you've lived your entire life in a racist society. It's easy to fall back into homophobia when you've lived your entire life in a homophobic society.

RickStain likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think this is why we hate Russia.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Today's winner of Twitter: this magnificent bastard.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I can hardly wait. :rolleyes:

A lot of people are concerned about HOW he will govern. I'm concerned about WHERE he will govern.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sound of peace. It's eerily, wonderfully quiet. That's how you missed it.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Woody Long likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Peak Alma. Don Jr. wasn’t snorting stuff that pure last night before he went on Fox News.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Thank you, BigPern.

I post these because they just make me laugh, and I like the laughs.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figured Trump's "bull in a china shop" act would actually break some things that needed breaking. I don't doubt that there were/are a few offices/departments in DC that really should be abandoned and not restaffed - hoping Biden just doesn't do a 180 on every Trump endeavor, but looks at it case by case if he's elected.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No. 45!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.