1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I hope you are right about the ass whooping, but it won't be accomplished by childish name-calling. It will be accomplished by focusing on what matters. Part of that is presenting a clear distinction between Biden and his supporters and the opposition. President Trump and his minions build their message around the idea that their opponents are as bad as him. People like you help them with that message.

4. outofplace

Based on that response, you are invited to kindly sit on a rusty railroad spike and rotate. It is comical to read a post by you calling somebody else a racist. I'm not saying you are wrong, but it does demonstrate a certain lack of self-awareness on your part.

5. outofplace

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong all the time? I just had a discussion with a buddy of mine about packing the court. My first thought is we are all getting ahead of ourselves talking about it. Let's vote President Trump out of office first.

That said, my buddy thinks that just makes things worse and leads to further ugliness. I told him that at some point, the Democrats have to retaliate. That means combating the bullshit Republicans have been pulling in a real way that has real teeth. Calling President Trump fatfuck or whatever doesn't get that done.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You know nothing about political science, do you. This election is about one person - we are effectively administrating an enema.

Biden has been a known quantity in the country for half a century.

HanSenSE and wicked like this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I more or less agree. Win first. Win the Senate (otherwise this is really useless discussion). Pass the big Covid relief bill. If Mitch tries the filibuster, blow it up. The Supreme Court would then be on notice as to what could happen to them.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FATUS with another big strong crying man story.

What a broken freak. LOL

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Another Trump accomplishment: When I was a boy, and a young man, and a middle aged man, and an older than that man, doctors were one of the most dependable Republican constituencies there was. Now that I'm really old, he's out there insulting them in the middle of a pandemic. Good work, dude.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Washington Post:
    As Floridians rush to vote in the presidential election, mail ballots from Black, Hispanic and younger voters are being flagged for problems at a higher rate than they are for other voters, potentially jeopardizing their participation in the race for the country’s largest battleground state.
The deficient ballots — which have been tagged for issues such as a missing signature — could be rejected if voters do not remedy the problems by 5 p.m. Nov. 5.
As of Friday, election officials had set aside ballots from Black and Hispanic voters at two times the rate of ballots from White voters, according to an analysis by University of Florida political science professor Daniel Smith. For people younger than 24, the rate was more than four times what it was for those 65 and older.

Absentee ballots are taking longer to reach election offices in key swing states than in the rest of the country, new data shows, as the U.S. Postal Service rushes to deliver votes ahead of strict state deadlines.
Over the past five days, the on-time rate for ballots in 17 postal districts representing 10 battleground states and 151 electoral votes was 89.1 percent — 5.9 percentage points lower than the national average. By that measure, more than 1 in 10 ballots are arriving outside the Postal Service’s one-to-three-day delivery window for first-class mail.
Those delays loom large over the election: 28 states will not accept ballots that arrive after Election Day, even if they are postmarked before. Continued snags in the mail system could invalidate tens of thousands of ballots across the country and could factor into whether President Trump or Democratic nominee Joe Biden captures crucial battleground states and, ultimately, the White House

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.