1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Prediction: the amount of voting place skirmishes between Republican-aligned “neutral” poll observers and citizens attempting to express their right to vote will be the second-most “why didn’t the Democrats see this coming and try to do something about it in advance” story of the next week. No. 1? Courts throwing out perfectly legal votes cast under long-existing rules.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"All of the flaws in Trump’s character and psychology have come to light through this virus. He reacts to immediate circumstances. He hijacks, pillages, and moves on. He has done this to America’s public-health institutions, which are wobbling and could topple under the continued weight of his negligence. He presides over a country where people are dying all around him, and he appears to see this only as a messaging issue."

Trump’s Pathology Is Now Clear

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Why isn’t the media covering the fact that Mexico didn’t pay for the wall? Or the wall isn’t built? Or trump didn’t finance his campaign out of his pocket? Or for 160th consecutive week, infrastructure week produced no infrastructure.
    Why is not the media covering Melania Tramp no longer resides in the White House?

HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Do you believe “Drumpf” is going to win the election?

6. heyabbott

Define win the election? Bien will Appear to get a majority of votes. In fact Biden will break 50%. It will appear that Biden will gain al EC majority but the GOP will sue in every state where republicans control the counting process or the courts. At the end of the litigation enough Biden votes will be thrown out to have the Supreme Court declare Trump the winner. Elections have consequences. We are a republic not a democracy. It about power, stupid. Fuck you non white unchristian people

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's where I take my old laptops. My psychiatrist.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

heyabbott likes this.
  9. heyabbott

In case Russia is listening Demented Donald’s password on his secure CIA approved iPhone is now MAGA2024

maumann likes this.
  10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Contribute now to the Donald's retirement! Call 1-800-4-RUSSIA. Act now! Translators are standing by.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

All these what if scenarios?? No our society and institutions are not just going to sit back and say “oh well”? Back to work?” People here more than anything rely on our form of govt. Trump won in ‘16 with Russia but it wasn’t cheating like you’re talking now. There will be revolt in streets. Protests like old Poland. BLM times 100 and most don’t want that.

garrow, TowelWaver and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Your last line made my point for me. Thank you for that.

We aren't as bad as them, at least not most of us. That's the point. You might be, but you've got your own history of racist comments. Most of the people opposing President Trump are better people. We have empathy, which he does not. We understand the need to put the good of the country ahead of our own selfishness, which he does not. We are actually capable of thinking about what is best for both tomorrow and today, which he refuses to do. We don't need to become him to beat him.

This is not about turning the other cheek. This is about beating him and his kind, then doing our best to fix the damage they have done. If Democrats do win the White House and the Senate, I have zero issues with them shoving every bit of policy change possible right up the Republicans' asses, including adding seats to the Supreme Court and filling them with young, qualified Democrats. (Actually, the first one should go to Garland. He deserves it and it would be a proper fuck you to Mitch McConnell.)

I simply have no use for infantile posts by people like you and fart boy insinuating that I am somehow less angry over what is being done to this country or less determined to see it stop just because I don't use the awfulness of President Trump to excuse a desire to post like a foul-mouthed toddler. I have no interest in deluding myself into thinking if I stop posting the title, that will get him to stop being president. I refuse to allow them to change me. I refuse to give them one fucking inch. Every time one of you fails in that regard, Trumpists laugh their asses off at your expense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.