1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Alito wouldn't care. Kavanaugh and Gorsuch, who have decades of court rulings ahead of them, might.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

As of right now, Wisconsin and Michigan are trending so badly for Trump that it's hard to imagine scenarios in which a court case could somehow nullify them. I'm of the mindset that the outcome on Election Night for Trump is probably going to look so bleak that he doesn't launch a court case on any of this. It's better for him if he just complains bitterly about it for the next X years of his life, like how he'll still bring up from time to time about how he thinks he really won the popular vote in 2016.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My wife has been wearing me out the last two days about SCOTUS stopping vote counting and declaring Trump the winner. I told her if that happens, then the country is done and will descend into chaos, so she might as well quit talking about it.

gingerbread likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

But those two are more likely to kiss the ring. Roberts needs a conservative judge who won't. Thomas gives zero fucks and ABC Special won't get rid of the guy who just put her there

5. Michael_ Gee

In Re Allamance, N.C: The Democratic Governor should declare a state of emergency, send in the National Guard and disarm the sheriff's department. Also, he should have the sheriff jailed as well as the officers who participated in this fascist police action. If some of them resist arrest, well, too bad. They shoulda followed orders.

Mngwa and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Biden’s candidacy has never been about turning out minorities. It’s been about peeling off white voters from Trump.

sgreenwell and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

In Re Allamance, N.C: The Democratic Governor should declare a state of emergency, send in the National Guard and disarm the sheriff's department. Also, he should have the sheriff jailed as well as the officers who participated in this fascist police action. If some of them resist arrest, well, too bad. They shoulda followed orders.
    You misunderstand. Alito is old and doesn't care what comes next. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh are relatively young, hold great power, and who knows what happens in a civil insurrection situation. What if there's a car bomb when they go to Whole Foods or the country club? Worse, what if Biden wins anyway and they spend decades writing dissents.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Forget it, Jake. It's Magatown.

Webster likes this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I mean technically they probably do have that many does ready by now. They just can't give them to people because they haven't been proven safe or effective.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Do those voters have no responsibility to vote? Polls are open. Early voting. Drop off voting. Absentee voting. In person voting. Don’t like what’s going on, vote to change it. The knee jerk disturbances in Philly couldn’t have been better orchestrated by the ghost of Lee Atwater. It was predictable.

11. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

It's the wrong strategy in the Rust Belt states in my opinion.

12. Michael_ Gee

Polls show black voters are gonna break for Biden as they did for Clinton. Early vote turnout in Philadelphia is 66 percent of turnout in 2016 so far. Some of those voters have to be black.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.