1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Did you ever notice that Fox “News” is always first to call the states? Perhaps that will give supporters of “Drumpf” faith in the results.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I miss having a grown up as President.

Killick, swingline, Iron_chet and 5 others like this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Alamance. One "L."

Compared to a recent former sheriff in Davidson County, this one barely registers on the nut scale.

Roy Cooper doesn't overreact and can usually be trusted to do - or not do - the correct thing.

4. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Obama should stick to sports, etc. etc.

5. Sam Mills 51

Under Trump, there is no country.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

No it didn't. That's when ballots were sent out and you could start dropping them off. In person voting in Riverside County started today.

EDIT: Unless you were willing to schlep to Riverside to vote at the Registrar of Voters office.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I just hope he's re-elected on Tuesday.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There's only one "S" in New Braunfels ...

9. Sam Mills 51

Me too. No one is perfect, but given the circumstances - i.e., that Pat McCrory demanded numerous recounts, cost the state millions to lose by bigger margins, then had to endure a GOP Congress who continuously tried to undercut him at every turn - he's done well.

garrow likes this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Heck, in McCrory's lame duck period, the state legislature passed laws that McCrory signed gutting the governor's authority.

11. Sam Mills 51

I know. Which makes what Cooper has been able to get done all the more impressive.

(For those not familiar with North Carolina, the GOP there is as awful, power-hungry, petty and paranoid as the bunch at Capitol Hill. Also ... McCrory's pouty, petty, whiny crap post-election behavior foreshadows what Trump is likely to pull should he and the GOP not be able to ratf_ck the election should Biden be leading. Mr. Bathroom Bill perfected 60 percent of "class.")

garrow and Driftwood like this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

In other words, the excact same things that happened/will happen under Fatfuck in 2020. And we're supposed to give him four more years?

Fred siegle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.