1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine from grad school interned with Cooper when he was AG. Had nothing but praise for the guy.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I meant to type “widespread” in person voting. As Spartan said, you could vote at the registrar and some weekends at a couple shopping malls, but otherwise it was just drop-off locations.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but it seems the governor's race has been totally overshadowed by POTUS and Senate. That in and of itself isn't that unusual, I guess, but seeing as how I've seen "vote out Roy Cooper" signs since Nov. 2016, it seems like it would be a bigger deal.*
    *As I just typed that, a Cooper ad just came on during the Carolina game.

garrow likes this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Watching Charlotte-Duke here (grew up going to the occasional game at Wallace Wade ... son of Duke alum). My alma mater is off this weekend after no-showing in Chapel Hill last week.

Back to Cooper ... I don't recall seeing signs for him four years ago. Cannot speak to signage this time around.

5. Driftwood

The anti Cooper signs I see are all in Pender, Duplin, Bladen, and Sampson counties. I kid you not, they have been up since he was elected.

6. Sam Mills 51

All counties redder than the clay omnipresent throughout the terrain. The sad part? None of them will admit that Cooper did well for the region following hurricanes touching down and making a big mess. Unlike the Cheeto-in-Chief, he understand that the job means helping all citizens, not just the ones who voted him into office.

And let's face it ... McCrory would not have done the same. Too busy with his agenda with a deaf ear in regards to immediate needs.

UNCGrad and Driftwood like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wish I could be surprised to find out that he did this to a group of his supporters again. Any normal human being would have torn his staff a new one and made sure there wasn't a repeat.

HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. Driftwood

They're just pissed that Cooper doesn't want them dumping pig and turkey manure into the Cape Fear basin... and, as you said, never mind that they got help after the Northeast Cape Fear was literally in their bedrooms in 2018.

UNCGrad likes this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I mean, it was easy to forget -- it only happened on Tuesday

11. Sam Mills 51

Speaking from a base of knowledge - grew up near Sampson and Duplin counties for a chunk of my childhood and some years beyond that in different stints - the rich hog farm conglomerates are all about finding ways to literally stink up the place, then stink up other places trying to dump hog, turkey and chicken crap. How freaking difficult is it to play by the rules and be as efficient as humanly reasonable?

Driftwood likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Here. Somebody did the math.

sgreenwell, TowelWaver and maumann like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.