1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep

garrow likes this.
  2. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

Melania is handling mine.

gingerbread likes this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Shocked that a radiologist woiuldn't have a better read on the situation.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

And yeah, there's a hearing before a Federal judge tomorrow on the same complaint, but that's already three strikes. And what convincing argument do they have (facts/evidence) to overturn the state's Republican supreme court? That's a Hail Mary from your own 1 yard line with a kid who's never thrown a forward pass.

In addition, Harris conducted the past two elections in the same manner without contest.

Here's the exact language from the Texas Secretary of State's website:

"2. Election Contest

If a candidate disputes the outcome of the election, regardless of whether or not a recount has been conducted, and has discovered irregularities, fraud, or mistakes in the conduct of the election that affected or could have affected the outcome, he/she can file an election contest to challenge the election results. The legal question raised by an election contest is whether the outcome of the contested election, as shown by the final canvass, is not (or cannot be conclusively determined to be) the true outcome because (1) illegal votes were counted, or because (2) an election officer or other official administering the election either (i) prevented eligible voters from voting, (ii) failed to count legal votes, (iii) engaged in fraud or illegal conduct, or (iv) erred in some material way."

Hanen stepped on his own dick over the DACA/Department of Justice situation under Obama in 2016 and had to slink back home with his tail between his legs. Does he really want to outkick his coverage and force the Fifth Circuit appelate court into play?

That's dangerous terrority, because that opens a can of worms for both parties. It's not like the Dems don't have lawyers, too.

If the Republicans are pushing this hard over 127,000 votes in TEXAS, they already know Trump is getting mauled on Tuesday. It's just a matter of how bad the whipping down the ticket is going to be. America is about to tell the GOP to get a switch picked out and it's going to hurt.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Went to the FATUS rally in my town this a.m. I pepper sprayed one guy and beat another with a flashlight. Then I went back to the police station for lunch.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, when you have Nellie Oleson in the White House ...

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The way I interpret this comment from Graham is that, having those views won’t hold a woman back from any of her dreams, just as they did not hold back Amy Coney Barrett.

The alternative interpretation- that women are only welcome everywhere *if* they hold certain positions - seems counterintuitive. It’d take some effort to read it that way. Why would that be preferred interpretation?

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And like Sister Amy Coathanger and Matt Gaetz, it’s so much cheaper to adopt domestic servants than pay them.

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Jesus, dude, you really have tunnel vision. This isn't the first time he said something like this. He also said the exact fucking thing for Black people. He really means if you think the way he thinks, people are free to go anywhere. If you do not think the way he thinks, people are going to be in trouble.

10. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I think Trump is resigned to the fact he is going to lose and is hoping to discredit or throw out as many votes as possible, continuing his "rigged election" tactics. It's his best, maybe only, path to victory.

Voter fraud is minuscule yet people somehow believe it is widespread because he has planted seeds of doubt.

Many were shocked and upset that Trump won but he became President. Same with Bush in a long-delayed battle with Gore. A lot of people were pissed Obama was reelected but he was.

I don't think this election will be close and Biden will be inaugurated in January. What Trump does then, well, I'll repeat my earlier comment: Who gives a fuck.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Maybe this is just the final countdown madness setting in, but it feels like we're finally at the tipping point after decades of GOP slowly turning up the anti-democracy dials to try to keep things in balance. Their general "only this kind of ID is valid for voting and oops in an unrelated note we just closed all the places you can get that ID in the areas where minorities live" ratfuckery has turned into a feedback loop where they lose more ground nationally, causing their remaining base to be further right, causing them to lose even more ground nationally, causing them to need to go to ever more extreme measures to maintain power.

Now we're at the point where in 2-3 days we're either going to be seeing federal officials seizing trucks trying to bring ballots to counting stations, or we're going to see a blue Texas and Georgia, and there's not a lot in between.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.