1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Still need a 2/3 vote in the Senate to be removed. They still wouldn’t have enough votes.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thomas and Beer Brett are butthurt and holding a lifetime appointment is a grudge match against democrats for revealing their true disgusting personalities. Thomas is a monk except for his wife’s far right cult and Kavanaugh, who grew up in Chevy Chase, can’t be seen in his own home town. They’ll burn the country to the ground to to deny the democrats a legal victory. sister Amy is in it for second coming, this life doesn’t matter to her and her extremists. The sooner the rapture, the better. Gorsuch, Alito and Roberts are hard core republican conservative Christians, not likely to allow the democrats the ability to pack the court and dilute their power

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

what are these folks "protesting"?

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Or time.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Ilhan Omar "embraces her faith" as well.

McConnell have anything good to say about her?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump Flack Doubles Down on Bogus Claim That Docs Profit Off COVID

I can't wait for Trump to lose so this slimy bastard goes back under his rock somewhere instead of afflicting me on television.

I can't understand this strategy of attacking the doctors. There can't be many groups as Republican as physicians. They get paid good money, which is a natural lean R, and in general they don't want to be controversial and alienate potential patients. Hell, I'm old enough that I remember when doctors drove Buicks instead of Cadillacs so that they didn't look like rich people to their patients and piss them off that way.

It just seems so stupid, except for the part where doctors keep saying that Covid will kill you and isn't going away anytime soon.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Run them over

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

the impression I got is: Holding those values won’t hold women back.

The preferred interpretation of this board - that a prerequisite for women having a place in America is to hold those values - means Graham isn’t just wrong morally, but wrong factually in an unusual, delusional way.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You mean Graham?

I don’t know what or how Omar embraces in her faith tradition.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They won’t be held back if they hold those values. They will be held back if they attempt to impose those values on others. And if that happens, they, and Graham have zero right to complain because they are the ones trying to impose those values. They don’t get to cry that they are oppressed.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

No sweat, I just took the Tappan Zee instead...

heyabbott likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I thought Trumpists were in favor of people running down protesters who blocked highways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.