1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

would be even more scarier after four years of this dummy

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Here is my (as best as I can reconstruct) COVID timeline as a PSA:
    Wed., Oct. 21. - Got up, ran, went to work, big lunch... fixed supper but didn't eat much because I didn't seem hungry.
    Thurs, Oct. 22 - Woke up feeling feverish/funny, ran, commented than I didn't feel well but could smell/taste, temperature was OK entering work, ate about half my lunch, multiple temp checks around 3 p.m. had me 100+, went to get tested at 6 p.m., and was positive. Trying to sleep was miserable. I had a fever off the charts. I wore a t-shirt to bed and had to get up to change twice. Both times, I took the fever-soak shirt off and plopped them in the bathroom floor like a soaked towel.
    Fri., Oct 23 - Pounded multiple Gatorades. Didn't feel terrible but was tired because I didn't much sleep the night before. Began my true quarantine because my wife had been out of town working during my main build up.
    Sat. Oct. 24/Sun. Oct. 25 - Stayed away from family indoors but felt good enough to do yard work while distanced from family.
    Mon. Oct. 26 - Fri. Oct. 30 - I felt basically fine and worked from home. I was generally on it from about 6:30-12:30, then got tired/lost interest. Watched the entirety of YouTube. Took and recorded my temp four times a day.
    Sat. Oct. 31 - came out of official quarantine, mowed the yard for my house and my parents, raked leaves, cooked supper on the grill, felt weird being out in the house instead of in my isolation ward.
    Sun. Nov. 1 - ran for the first time in days, went fishing, caught 12-14, commented when running and fishing that I could tell a difference in lung capacity. Looking forward to going to work tomorrow.

3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I don't know if you've ever stated what you think should be done, other than bitch about what didn't work. Maybe I've missed it and if so I apologize. I'd really like to read your solutions/suggestions.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Equally selfish and stupid. I've yet to see a Trump voter quoted where it's not about "MY 401k, "MY life," "MY neighborhood." Instead of voting for someone who might make the world a tiny bit better for people who don't have your career or work opportunities, your access to health care, your gated community.
    I've said it before: children and grandchildren of Trump voters are going to be ashamed to call them relatives.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You've obviously missed that I am one of perhaps 2-3 people here who regularly seek out POSITIVE news to post --- or at least news adding a little perspective to the gloom and doom --- which immediately gets dismissed.

I've tried to explain that much of what makes us US (large land mass, large diverse population, heavy emphasis on individual freedom, leaky border, international travel destination with 328(!) ports of entry, 50 self-governing states . . . and an election year) have worked against us and makes comparisons with tiny countries that "got it right" absurd.

"Bitch about what didn't work," indeed.

The President fucked up? Well, yeah. But half this country reflexively resists anything a sitting president says. So even if you had another president in January 2020, half the country would resist him/her. Where would that have put us WRT to COVID? You think Ron DeSantis would have gone along and said, "Whatever you say, Madame President. We'll shut the state down immediately"?

We have decided that what we're doing is "normal." Absurd as it may sound, that's what we do oftentimes. As I posted a couple of days ago, this nation has a litany of things it accepts as "normal" that horrify other nations. Guns. Lobbyists. Health costs. Fewest votes wins elections. COVID-19 is just one of those.

There's nothing I can DO, no suggestion I can offer, to keep a group of 150 people from gathering for a wedding or grandma's 90th birthday.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Maybe the lesson is not to have a diaper-filling mental deficient in charge - and not to vote for that person again.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wah. The kid had a pre-existing condition; he lived in Missouri.

BTExpress likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted