1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Lockhart is also the guy speculating that Trump is going to work out a a bargain where he steps aside to avoid prosecution.

The pardon thing is tricky for Trump, I think, because the animating principal of the modern GOP has been "fuck you, that's why" whenever Republicans do something legal but norms shattering but Trump, if he loses, will want to run again in 2024. and questionable pardons would follow him along like a shadow.

That would also cut into his, I assume, planned 2021-2024 red state presidency, in the case of a Biden win.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks he goes quietly is a fool. Win or lose he and his followers will burn this country to the ground without a word of protest from more than 2 Republican Senators or 3 republican congressmen

3. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Jay Farrar:

if your scenario comes true, the only thing I disagree with is that no one in the GOP will stand up to Trump.

Yes they will, because he’ll be neutered and they won’t need him anymore. Then the knives come out

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump stops are in mostly white counties. Mostly.

[​IMG]

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The pardon only applies to federal crimes not necessarily state crimes. So they might still be on the hook. They would need full immunity to lose 5th amendment protections.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The trend is now going to be that every president will resign the day before his successor miss worn in and the President for a day pardons him. The republicans will spend the next 30 years looking to literally put Obama in a cage. McConnell Graham McCarthy and on down will have Obama arrested in front of his kids and strip searched on National TV.

I could run a credible congressional campaign in a dozen southern states on personally slapping the cuffs on Obama and putting him on a plane to Gitmo. That’s it. That’s the platform.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Riots...from the right? Bob and Jenny from the four-bedroom home and suburban sprawl are going to go bust out city blocks?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This is why the number of pardons actually given out by Fatfuck will be dramatically smaller than many prospective pardonees think.
    Fatfuck will gleefully let them all hang in the wind if it decreases the chances any of them will testify against him.
    Oh and of course he won't pass up a chance to reiterate: "I don't owe anybody anything, I walk free and all you suckers can fuck off."

It'll be so glorious to hear these pigs simpering, "but I had been led to believe he had promised to pardon everybody!"

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Unless the reason they're lickspittles is because of kompromat, not a naked power grab.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yes, from the right.

The urban cowboys riding their $70,000 steel horses will sweep done from the cul-de-sacs while the white power nationalists. already armed to the teeth and spoiling for a fight, will go a gunning. If I was an elected Democrat in a swing state, I'd be wearing body armor for the next few days.

Mngwa likes this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you believe this, you really don't have a grasp of President Trump's supporters at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.