1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

JayFarrar-

Who the heck is going to nominate Trump in 2024?

This reminds of when people said Chip Kelly would coach in the NFL again.
    No, he won't. And Trump won't run again either. Politically, he's done like his hamburger dinner if he loses.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump is more loved by the rank and file Republicans than Reagan is now and in 1989

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They're pulling out the big guns. The Last Jedi says "Every Vote Counts".

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

That's what they say now. It might seem like they do, but the baby-men in the GOP really don't like losing elections.

The claims he is going to buy a TV network with $447M in debt are also hilarious.

They might give him that OAN channel and let him turn it into the douchebag version of Oxygen. So what.
    Just another one of 400 channels of garbage.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers for Trump's klansmen, who are surely gearing up for another round of intimidation against those damned mask-loving Texans.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I have somewhat of a sense of dread about tomorrow not because I think Biden won't win, but because I fear what kind of crap Trump will try to stir among his base. Granted, most of them are just in it for the show and will lose interest, but there are a few nutjobs in the fold.
    We know Trump and his closest bunch will try to screw with election results, and a few recent decisions do give me hope that won't work for them.
    If he somehow wins the election outright, that sucks, but so be it. Morons get to vote, too.
    I'm just a little edgy about what will happen if Biden wins like we think he will and the orange asshole tries to contest it.
    I also do take a little solace in thinking that as bad as Congressional Republicans and half the SCOTUS is, those people aren't dummies (most of them, anyway). They have to know what would happen. What good would it do them to hold those positions in a country that no longer functions if it even exists?
    Heck, Trump can pardon himself and take everything not nailed down out of the White House as a parting gift. Just get us to noon on Jan. 20 without plunging the country in chaos.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  7. tapintoamerica

Have you forgotten the klan rallies at the Michigan state capitol? There's not much distance between congregating with firearms and using said firearms. It only takes one of them to do considerable damage.

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I also don't buy the whole Don Jr. in the future claims. The conservative power brokers see daddy for what he is, a useful idiot who came along at the time of a perfect storm for them. Jr. is in no way useful.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Republican integrity:

10. tapintoamerica

The Georgia electorate was 55% female in 2016. So that 56% figure by itself doesn't encourage me. Now if some of them have flipped, that will be encouraging.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I didn't say he'd get the nomination, but if he loses, and he will, then he's going to run again.

Assuming he doesn't do something disqualifying, which is possible, or dying, which is also possible, and he'll also have a ton of legal exposure once he leaves the White House and maybe that keeps him from running, but he's a serial candidate and by '24 he becomes that small-town laughingstock who runs for mayor and alderman every election but if able and breathing, he runs again. He's addicted to the exposure.

Be really interesting to see what high-profile Republican (s) breaks from the Trump circus later this week or next. The smart ones, the ones with serious ambitions will run like the wind. Sasse is one to watch, so is Cotton, and, maybe the South Dakota cowgirl.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.