1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I agree with most of your viewpoints, but if the above doesn't make clear that even Trump is a little concerned about this, I don't know what else to tell you.

One more thing: By not bothering to do anything with him - especially if he should lose to Biden on Tuesday - we are making clear that others can be as corrupt without any regards to the law, the people or humanity as a whole. Not bothering to do so sets precedent. Make no mistake that it will take much more to eradicate Trumpism than beating Donald, but it needs to be made abundantly clear that no one is above the law and that those who try to duplicate what Trump has done and commit numerous governmental, financial and other crimes against humanity will be dealt with swiftly and severely.

Sorry if you disagree.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I think leaving the prosecuting to New York State, where he likely committed a fair number of crimes, might be best.

Again, I wonder if the D.C. Attorney General might look into things. Edit: I see that it’s now an elected position. Perhaps this could be a way of DoJ sidestepping this.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I, for one, would welcome a Gerry Ford four years for us all to catch our breaths.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He has a grasp on them. He's an apologist for them.
    And now another example of Trumpists' great character.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I want to see New York seize Trump Tower and literally auction it off on the front steps.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There were some arguments that Nixon was let off by Ford in some degree because he was 62 years old, suffering from phlebitis, blah blah, boo hoo. Then when the Iran-Contra mess started blowing up, well Reagan was 76 and starting to get dotty, etc etc, so we better let him off too.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Maybe. But did either of them have cult followings like Trump?

Did either of them employ cartoonish trucks to run buses off the road?
    Did either of them openly defy proven medical/health advice to see their hero?
    Did either of them willingly endanger others over refusals to wear a freaking mask?
    Did either of them have nearly as many politicians willingly become his henchmen and women do his dirty work for him?

The guess here is if Biden were to win, the cult following among the citizens will not go away quietly. Meanwhile, the odds that many of the GOP sheep on Capitol Hill will try to claim that they didn't really like him, didn't want to follow him and were doing so just because ... and anyone who believes any of them is a fool. They bought the ticket, and they can take the ride. The ink stamp on the back of their hands shouldn't wash away just because they just tried to repeatedly bleach and scrub it off.

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If you don’t think a fascist Jesus freak like Tom Cotton would beat Harris and restore the trump legacy of an active war on democracy and minorities in 2024 you think that Trump is an aberration. I don’t.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the heart to tell this guy about the other 100 million people who beat him to the punch?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Isnt trump tower a condo? Aside from a few units and some retail space, what does he own there? He’ll never be able to spend a night there in his lifetime. He’s got a bunch of homes all over and guaranteed they are leveraged to the point where local jurisdictions couldn’t auction them off to pay back taxes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.