1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Unless they are counting in some weird order that nobody ever expected, he has. By several points. The remaining votes are *very* red.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Might be sooner. I already knew that N.C. and Fla. were pre-counting the mail in and absentee votes, and I heard on NPR that Ga. is also. If any of those go for Biden, Trump's in deep doody. If he loses two we can pretty much all go on to bed.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Putting one's faith in FL, GA, NC, OH, PA and AZ simultaneously will never be rewarded

TowelWaver and heyabbott like this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If Trump wins Florida, we move on to the next hurdle.

TowelWaver likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Election nights are when we see how far news standards have fallen. There are great reporters out there no doubt - but when you have to produce live television and don't have a stack of produced-ahead content that you know exactly how it will play, and you have to have people who don't normally cover politics covering politics - it shows.
    Hell, Al Michaels, Jim McKay, Bob Costas would be crushing this election if they were behind a desk.

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He really only needs one from that list. But why would something good happen when something bad could happen instead?

Mr. Sluggo likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

CNN keeps calling Florida close. It’s tied. Except the Panhandle hasn’t reported yet. It’s gonna be an easy Trump win.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Are they including mail-in votes in that total?

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This was one of the final 270towin projection maps with close polling has Biden losing Florida for what it's worth.
    [​IMG]

garrow likes this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

CNN isn't saying. John King says early in person voting, so we'll see what happens when mail in starts to be recorded. That said, I'm not holding my breath for Florida.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yes, he has. They just haven't called it. Still, he didn't need Florida.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

We'll see if this is true, but I'm seeing several similar takes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.