1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Same, on the last

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

MSNBC was showing a map with the border counties of Texas where Biden is underperforming compared to Clinton. How in the hell does Biden not have the Latino and Hispanic vote locked up against this guy?

wicked likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

By the end of the night, Trump will be plenty close enough to cause the chaos he needs to go to the courts and win there. You heard it here first - six months ago.

gingerbread likes this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Fox calls it for Hickenlooper over Gardner in Colorado. No surprise.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Here's the part that should make you feel better:

I haven't seen anything that suggest to the rational part of me that 2016 + MI + WI + PA isn't still a really good bet for Biden. In fact, some of his performances in other states suggest he's ahead of where we thought he'd be in those states. And that's enough to win.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

In Virginia, 36% of the vote is in — not trivial — and Trump is up 57-41%.

7. RickStain

I mean, that's easy to say, but Florida represents a five-point polling miss. That's gotta make the gut clench a little.

8. RickStain

The blue part hasn't reported yet. It's as safe Biden as it gets, already called.

9. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Doesn’t Virginia always have northern results (overwhelmingly blue) come in late IIRC?

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. Justin Biebler

Justin Biebler Active Member

Biden also looks like he'll flip a number of counties to the Dems. Trump either won or narrowly lost Montgomery (Dayton), Portage (Canton), Mahoning (Youngstown) counties in 2016. I don't think there will be enough Red votes left in the sparsely populated rural counties to make up for the Biden votes in Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, Toledo, Akron and the counties along the lakeshore.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yes. But that’s a lot to overcome.

12. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Relax! Don’t do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.