1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

As long as he wins, I'm satisfied. Plenty satisfied.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I get what y'all (@SoloFlyer and others) are saying. Mentally, I know it's right. But the heart overpowers the mind sometimes. Emotions are high right now and I'm having a tough time being analytical.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  3. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Granted, it is distressing that no amount of Trump fuck-ups and outright malfeasance seem to matter to a huge chunk of the populace.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

When emotions are high, logic is low.

Neutral Corner and TowelWaver like this.
  5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

While so many of us are hopeful the later-counted early vote in Penn/Mich will carry Biden tomorrow or Friday or whatever - all night I've seen early vote have a lead for Biden only to have same-day Trump voting blow past it.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

CNN just said Trump is up 350,000 votes in Pennsylvania. Are there enough votes in Philadelphia to erase that?

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Forgive me for repeating myself, but:

That is a very good point.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes. Easily. Clinton won Philadelphia by 475k votes, and that's not even including the suburbs.

TowelWaver likes this.
  9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

10. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh as well, according to MSNBC.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If Trump wins PA and AZ, and MI and WI are close, then yes, it's time to talk about how public polling is irrelevant.

But if Biden sweeps those, as is still very possible, or even wins 3 of 4 in a combination that makes him President, then polling survives another day.

12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

It's not that you wanted it. It's that you convinced yourself it was going to happen. You spent four years dismissing and ridiculing anybody who disagreed with you on any topic. You were more concerned with convincing yourself you were right than winning the election. I'm sure you'll find a way to convince yourself you weren't wrong. Four years from now we'll be doing this same thing.

BTExpress and Jerry-atric like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.