1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Oh and more than 100,000 people vote for Kanye.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Alright, I'm headed to bed. Gotta take the kid in for a covid test in the morning. If it turns out I'm an idiot, I'll eat the words. But Biden won tonight.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

BTW, I'm horrified by John King's Democratic fanboi coverage of these election maps on CNN. From about 8:30 p.m. on, I've noticed him describing the Biden/Democrat results as "us," "we," "our ..." etc. At one point, early in the night, while talking about Biden underperforming in Miami/Dade County, he literally said, "We're not dead yet." It's completely unacceptable.

CNN has leaned so hard left tonight I'm rather disappointed. I generally view CNN as a 3.5-4 on a 1-10 Left to Right scale, with 5 being dead center. Tonight they are coming across as 1-1.5 left leaning network. Let MSNBC work that corner.

gingerbread and Batman like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Biden has to win roughly 2/3 of the 275,000 outstanding votes in NC. Not happening.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I may end up owing 538 and Nate Silver an apology. This could fall right within the heart of their range. I guess he doesn't have to shut down his site and move to Antarctica.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Interesting: NYT has the arrow/gauge graphic to indicate confidence in Georgia prediction, but it doesn’t have a probability prediction or arrow on Michigan or Wisconsin.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

This Trump speech is going to be some scary shit, I predict.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump to speak soon.

9. Della9250

Trump's gonna speak to a nation that's sleeping

10. Della9250

Doesn't need to. Assuming Arizona and Nevada, he wins on Wisconsin and Michigan alone -- Penn or NC or Ga. are just add-ons.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

2:05 a.m. Washington time. I guess that's great for the folks coming home from the bar, assuming that's a thing anymore.

gingerbread likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Flashing back to the wee hours of Tuesday morning, when this day began. CNN had an interview with the Secretary of State of PA in which the latter said every time Trump has challenged his office, the office has won. Could we see the same?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.