1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Won't try to argue the first sentence. While I knew racism was not eradicated before the Trump administration - lived in the South entirely too long to think otherwise - the re-emergence of it on so many fronts is jarring. That they've normalized and basically encouraged the behavior is despicable.

As for the second sentence, the lack of accountability, responsibility and setting pretty close to the worst example known to humankind makes me less prone to sympathy. But I think we've all seen enough death. I will never forget the first two months here where all I heard were ambulance sirens as a hospital less than three miles away served as an epicenter for COVID worldwide. If I move back tomorrow - and I might go back, but not tomorrow or the next day, at least - that might be the one memory I have of this area. Not exactly the stuff of sweet dreams.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'm kinda stunned they're gonna lose seats in the house. I wouldn't have predicted a major bump but maybe a handful. Perhaps an overcorrection from last time?

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

You are right. No one should die. But I won't feel sorry for them if a bunch of them get sick

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

They know that, but Trump thinks he's entitled to always have his thumb on the scale. When he can't get that, then it's bribing, bullying, threatening and lawsuits.

Also known as The Trump Playbook.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You can’t make this shit up.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The remaining votes in these states are really, really blue. Not only is Biden going to win them, he's going to be outside of a full point in all of them.

It's still going to be a lot less than the 8-point leads the polls were giving him in Wisconsin and Michigan, though. Polling has a lot to answer for.

8. RickStain

Slow down. Everyone forgets that on Election Night 2018, we were talking about how they won but it was a little tepid. Then as late votes got counted and came in, it ended up being a dozen seats larger.

That effect is going to be even bigger this year. There's a lot of votes left to be counted, and they're mostly going to be blue.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Biden's got Michigan under 75,000

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm an optimist.
    It's 5 a.m. the day after the election, and are we really anywhere we didn't expect to be?
    Some key states have yet to be decided, Biden has a narrow lead, Trump is claiming victory for no reason and demanding counting stop, and no one is listening to him.
    That's where we are.
    I am a little saddened by the seeming results in the Senate, especially North Carolina and Maine.

11. RickStain

Make no mistake, this was a disappointing victory for Democrats.

12. RickStain

And plenty of Detroit still left to count.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.