1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think,once again, many people were embarrassed to tell pollsters they were Trump voters.

TigerVols likes this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not sure what to make of the Tillis-Cunningham race.

Tillis is nothing but a Trump lackey, but the crap that Cunningham pulled did him no favors. Still, I recall the days of Jesse Helms and, no matter how awful, polarizing and outright nasty he was, he kept getting re-elected. Because North Carolina.

3. Sam Mills 51

... yet they weren't embarrassed enough to put that subhuman pile of crime back in office. Too many Republicans have no shame. Why should their voters worry about such a thing?

4. micropolitan guy

Absolutely no excuse in 2020 for results to take this long. Are they counting by abacus?

5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I think it is they like to lie to the pollsters. Makes them feel smart when the “experts” look dumb.

gingerbread likes this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Wisconsin and Georgia are having issues with machines or other various malfunctions.
    Not sure about Maine. Not hearing nearly enough from Nevada or Arizona - the latter has no excuse. Arizona was declared by one outlet, then retracted.
    Have heard next to nothing about Michigan.
    North Carolina could take a while since ballots are MIA ... but then again, since DeJoy lives in North Carolina, who's really shocked? With any luck, he gets drug into court by his earlobes. The USPS's open defiance of a court order certainly smacks of FU.

7. micropolitan guy

winning by 10 k in 2016 in Wisconsin and Michigan will be legit for trump but losing by 10 k in 2020 will be fraud

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's looking increasingly plausible. Biden's gonna get his 51-52%, but Trump way overperformed his polls.

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Good morning! Sonny and Cher are still playing on the radio and I've woken up in Punxsutawney again. Doesn't appear that I missed much, other than the states that really matter are still really mattering.

Maybe I'll have another slice of pizza with my coffee.

Thanks for keeping me informed. I think I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 pages to catch up on.

Fred siegle, HanSenSE, Pilot and 2 others like this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

Tried to warn some about Graham in South Carolina. In spite of the fundraising tsunami Harrison got, it takes more than just money. South Carolina is overwhelmingly red. Saw too much of that first-hand for a while.

maumann likes this.
  11. Sam Mills 51

Right now, I want a full bathtub and the toaster. Drop and go.

maumann likes this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

As if we needed more proof of how stupid the Electoral College is: Biden is ahead of Trump by more than two million votes.

Yet, here we are. Next to nothing out of eight states.

maumann likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.