1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Polling errors are easy to explain, in my opinion. They fucked up the Latinx vote in Florida and there are a lot more shy or lying racists than pollsters could have guessed.

This country isn’t going to be fixed simply by getting Trump out of office. That much is crystal clear.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Anything happen while I was asleep?

3. Regan MacNeil

Biden is in much better shape than he was.

Moderator1 and TowelWaver like this.
  4. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Biden has taken the lead in WI. Still waiting to see if he will in MI and PA.

Moderator1 likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Michigan is close to a tie now, with "hundreds of thousands" of absentee votes left to count, according to the Secretary of State there. Pennsylvania probably won't have anything close to a full count until maybe tomorrow morning. Have no idea about Georgia.

Moderator1 likes this.
  6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What I think I understand pre-coffee: With Arizona in hand, if Biden gets Nevada, Michigan and Wisconsin then Georgia and PA don't matter? One of those two would be massive gravy?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Unless you have ties, or a useful skill, it's very hard for Americas to emigrate to Canada.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They would push the EC close to 300

9. Michael_ Gee

Yeah, that's basically it. Trouble is, Nevada is very close and Arizona has yet to be called by anybody but Fox and AP (admittedly the latter is the gold standard, but they're not perfect). But yes, Nevada + Arizona + Michigan + Wisconsin + Nebraska's 2nd CD = 270.

10. Regan MacNeil

Correct. MI, AZ, WI and NE-2 (already called) put him at exactly 270.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The Democratic pitch has to change. The media has to change. Those two things happen, and I think the reactionary element of the Trump voting bloc recedes a bit and goes back blue.

The trend line of this election should be disturbing to Democrats in part because they may lose some of their potency in the exact constituencies they think they're the champions of.

Because Trump's going to run again. And right now, I'd say he'd win in 2024. By a lot.

12. Michael_ Gee

Gosh, Alma, can't we finish this election first before we move on to worrying about the next one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.