1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think Gideon will win, but both Ga. seats are certainly PLAUSIBLE given last night's results. Each Democrat would have a fighting chance.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

I hate extremely cold weather, and I told my wife we could move to Edmonton or Winnipeg for all I cared at this point. Too many people think this garbage is OK and I don’t want to be around them any longer.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

I apologize for some of my posts last night. This dumbass makes me so angry, even more so when I'm drinking.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It is not my sense that newsrooms don’t want Latino/Latina voices in them.

It is my sense that many of voices may work in larger markets, and not, for any length of time in smaller/mid-metro markets, which are often told they’re not diverse enough but have a hard time being diverse when they’re faced with losing voices of color to larger markets with frequency.

6. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

No worries here. I totally get it.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Some Democratic candidates say it but no one on the right believes it. It’s not so much the candidates as their supporters.

Go on Twitter or Facebook and see all of the anti-Trump posts. Republicans or Trump supporters have read these posts for years, with very few of them responding back so as not to be “outed“. Being called racists. Being told they want police to kill black people. Being told they only care about themselves.

You can’t call half the electorate stupid for years and not expect them to punish you at the next election.

Even if President Trump is an embarrassment.

The primaries also worked out to put Biden as the nominee. He was a great quarterback coach in the Senate. He’s never been a good HC. He’s the Norv Turner of politics.

There’s a reason he didn’t do well in 1988 and 2008.

I’ll also believe that if Buttigieg was the nominee, Mayor Pete wins by 5+.

All my amateur hot take aside, I fully expect Biden to win Nevada and that’ll be the difference. Perhaps a warning to the Democrats. Their plan to move further to the left isn’t popular. They’re not Trump. That’s why they have power. And if they want to keep that power, a little restraint is in order.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My feelings exactly.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

If Collins falls below 50, ranked choice voting comes into play.

10. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Non-Americans are afraid to visit our country. That says a lot about the last four years.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

If it is Biden, he needs to be aggressive. I'm tired of timid Dems

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Fuck, I'm afraid to visit our country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.