1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I want a percentage of the gross.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There were 400k Atlanta-area votes uncounted when I went to bed and Trump had a 210k lead in Georgia. They counted 150k and that took Trump's lead down to under 90k. There are 250k left to count.

Biden won Georgia.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

In 2000, we could at least rationalize that the flustercluck was something historical that we could look back on, even if we didn't want Bush to win.

But a lot of history has happened since then and this cluckfluster is just nerve-wracking. It's not something that I think we'll be looking back on 20 years with a "hey, remember that time ..."

4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

"Trump trying to attack Biden"

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. RickStain

Correct. Biden should be able to declare himself President-Elect by this evening, at this rate.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

It's Hawley and Cotton. In that order.

Mitch is Palpatine.

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Sure, sure, but it's like reading the rival team's message board after my college football drops 50 on them. It's fucking glorious. I can't wait for the Breitbart comment section when the race is called.

OscarMadison, Gutter and poindexter like this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Russia’s mostly off the hook. Trump’s message of fuck you pretty much carried the day for half the country, twice.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. RickStain

People are still underestimating how much this will drift blue in the weeks after the election when all the counting gets done, like it always does.

But after that, I think we can describe this as a polling fail. Polls correctly predicted the Georgia and Arizona flips and the North Carolina was a toss-up. But they missed badly in Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan and possibly Pennsylvania, which were some of the most important states to poll this time and received tons of attention.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Biden stock market up 3.4%

heyabbott and Gutter like this.
  11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Wow, this really works ...

[​IMG]

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's weird to think now that if a fucking pipe doesn't break in Georgia, about half the nation goes to bed significantly less anxious.

garrow, Neutral Corner and RickStain like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.