1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Seriously, what is happening in Nevada? That vote total hasn't budged since Tuesday night.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I just woke up and it looked like no numbers have changed. Is Georgia still in play? Pennsylvania? Someone catch me up please

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Excellent post Sam. IMHO, your third point is the most important and will very well tell the story in 2020 en toto, not just the election. Although it's been said, many times, many ways, proper leadership from the White House would have been the difference in so many things this year, from family vacations (hell, just having some family members still here) to high school football and, yes, riblets. Instead, we heard it would be vanquished after 15 cases and yadda, yadda, yadda (anyone who doesn't know after that hasn't been reading this thread). And according to Woodward's book, it was known how serious it was, but it got turned into another dog-and-pony show.

So fucking sick of this.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Georgia has Trump up 18K with about 50K to report, 25K of which haven't been counted. Pennsylvania has hundreds of thousands left to report. Nevada is supposed to report almost all of its counting today.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think the situations in Pennsylvania and Georgia are pretty understandable. Arizona’s working hard.

It’s harder to appreciate the situation in Nevada but maybe that’s resolved today.

Mngwa likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As I understand it, there was some sort of turf dispute between state and Clark Co. (Vegas) election officials over who got to make announcements and when. PS: Common sense tells us that when an election has record turnout, it's gonna take longer to count the votes one by one. If half of 'em come by mail, even longer.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

They counted all day yesterday. Announcement to come at noon ET.

Cosmo likes this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yep. I misread the tweet. Biden is in excellent shape to take the lead there.

TowelWaver and Songbird like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Honestly? I think Nevada is slow playing it so PA can be the clincher. That way what’s been “called” in Arizona won’t matter, since Arizona remains under dispute.

PA and GA feel pretty right to me, what’s going on there. I guess my trust for the American Southwest has never been very high.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Another person I won't miss.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I honestly believe at this point, Nevada is dragging its feet on purpose because they national spotlight is on Nevada.

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Once PA is won it’s over. And that’ll be sometime today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.