1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

On lawsuits, I’ve heard this so many times “ I want to sue them because I know they.....”.

“How do you know?”

“I just know”. That’s Trumps argument. Doesn’t fly.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If a story has a conversation between Trump and Rupert and it's unflattering to Trump, logic says that source was either Rupert (unlikely) or someone way close to him.

Jesus_Muscatel and Webster like this.
  3. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

“People tell me ... ”

4. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Yeah, if anything it gives them the chance to gloat about how you can't believe anything from the fake news media if they end up winning it. But no it's all about happy feelings for Trump so he doesn't have to deal with reality for as long as possible.

Webster likes this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Ainsley is a Carolina alum but I seriously doubt she was talking about Will Muschamp

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The cruelest irony is that history will show that the only “fake news” was everything out of fatf**k’s mouth.

7. Michael_ Gee

Biden campaign manager said they expect to see "bounce" in Nevada and Arizona count today. This means she expects it to go back and forth, so get ready to freak out later today.

8. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

But also Pennsylvania is almost certainly going to Biden. So don't freak out.

TowelWaver likes this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Anyone else have a pounding headache that just hasn't gone away since Tuesday?

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That’s OK. We got you, babe.

maumann and OscarMadison like this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's also interesting that AP has long ago called Arizona for Biden, but many others have not. AP is long the gold standard on calling races -- it famously never called Florida in 2000 -- and I just got out of a meeting and we talked about that and one longtime newsman said he's never had a strange feeling about an AP call, but he does on the Arizona call.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Jon Ralston of the Nevada Independent, who is to knowing that state's politics as Mike Trout is to baseball, has tweeted the latest announced votes will be from rural counties, not Clark (Vegas) and that anyway the state cannot be called today as not enough of the votes will be announced to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.