1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Convicted felon weighs in.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Didn't Michigan set an all-time turnout record? Much of the urban vote voted for Peters, as his numbers are close to Biden's. So, were millions of white folk disenfranchised, which would be a first in American history? Who would have guessed?

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yup. I'll kinda believe Georgia when I see it, but that's my read as well.

I grew up in Georgia. The biggest MAGA morons on my Facebook are people I went to school with.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s never that easy. And often the guy who got his dick punched just stuck a gun at some cashier and scared the shit out of her for a couple packs of Newport’s and some cash. Yeah we expect better and deserve better. And cops should not be the ones determining who gets punished or not. But should a decent person who’s a cop lose everything because he lost his temper with a rapist or child molester or carjacker?
    Does the media bear any responsibility in shading the truth? Not all victims of police abuse are equal. No one deserves any more physical harm than necessary to accomplish the police task of effecting an arrest or temporary detention. But Rodney King was a piece of shit. It’s wouldn’t have offended my sensibilities had the police gone wild on Brad Parsacle.
    Policing is a difficult issue and there are no easy answers and lots of middle ground. Baltimore got burned down and closed because police allowed Freddie Grey to die in custody. Yet those same rioters don’t give a shit that 300 murders take place in the city every year for 10 years.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have to partially disagree with Rick. You can't take all the money out of the police budget for needed improvements in mental/social services. You can sell the changes to cops as giving them less work, but their budget is the sugar you need to coat the real medicine -- accountability for fuckups. Cops know they have no meaningful discipline for bad actions, so they take such actions. If they knew they were likely to lose paychecks or their jobs and pensions for bad acts, there'd be fewer of 'em.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Shutup Uncle Ruckus

7. Neutral Corner

That and Republicans are much better at marketing and defining the terms of the debate. No one cared much about a procedure called intact dilation and extraction, but call it partial birth abortion and see how it plays.

Dyno, Baron Scicluna and Mngwa like this.
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If we keep letting them buy tanks and tacticool gear, they're going to keep finding excuses to use tanks and tacticool gear.

That said, sure, I'm a liberal. If you wanna just raise taxes and spend on everything at once, I'm cool with that.

Mr. Sluggo likes this.
  9. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Right now, if I'm Biden, or Harris, I'm spreading the word that you are either going to be a witness or a defendant to what went on the last four years. Gather your evidence wisely.

And if you are destroying it, we will find out.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Republicans want to come to your house and inseminate your daughters to build up the master race.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

They don't buy the tanks. The Federal gummint gives them away, in order to have someone else paying the maintenance and upkeep on them.

If they have the toys they will absolutely find a reason to take them out and play with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.