1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Is there going to be a ceremonial perma-locking of this thread at some point?

2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Trump and his team might have to dodge a lot of legal issues over the next few years. The roles in the Department of Justice and the people that assume them are going to change significantly. And with them comes a whole new level of scrutiny he has been able to avoid for four years.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Last post just a golf scorecard.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Once this ends later today, do you really think all is going to be quiet between now and Jan. 20 at 10 a.m. MST? I certainly don't think so.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

More Eastern and Southern Oregon nutjobs were motivated to vote, as turnout was up appreciably. Our state's population grew. He (and every other statewide Republican) still got his ass royally kicked.

Another reason for popular vote. Nothing more futile on election day than an Oregon Republican.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm going to be shocked if we get through the weekend without trouble. And then again when the Congress has to certify the election.

MileHigh likes this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone will be running the country and I expect domestic terrorism.

Scary times.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

More Looser.

Less Hoosier.

swingline likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We’re also going to have to stomach the most obscene pardon process we’ve ever seen.

And most pardons from almost every President in the final hours are gross.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You know, I like you people or I wouldn't waste so much time here...

But this thread turns a lot of you into the biggest fucking collection of mopes on earth.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

There are 9,000 outstanding ballots; not just military, but Georgia overseas ex-pats too. They do not expect very many to come in this late. And Trump is nowhere near as popular in the military as he once was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.