1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

He barely made a dent. Nate Silver has AZ likely Biden now.

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think there’s a “Maybe he’ll just be a figurehead! post from me somewhere.

It was a more innocent time.

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Actually, compared to Kemp, Raffensperger actually sounded like he was taking his job seriously. I'm not hearing of any hanky-panky downtown, unlike when Kemp made Kemp the winner. It's damn close, which is amazing but I believed him this morning when he said he has seen no actual evidence of tampering and is there to conduct a fair and legal election. Let's hope the military ballots out there trend the right away.

The extra silver lining around here is Trump's toadies are going to take the fall from the state GOP.

My guess is Kemp is one and done. He can go back to selling tract homes in Athens. Raffensperger will run in 2022.

And what's left of DeSantis' political aspirations are Gone With The Wind.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Oh, somewhere in this favoured land the sun is shining bright,
    The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light;
    And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout,
    But there is no joy in Trumpville — mighty Donald has struck out.

Sic Semper Tyrannis, indeed, muthafucker.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No need to ban political threads anymore. The only rabble rousers left are Alma and Batman, who happen to be two of the best posters we have. And Doc Holliday's 401(k).

I suggest people start thinking of clever ideas for the name of the new politics thread.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That wasn't nearly enough. He needed to gain almost 20k from that batch to be on pace. Back of the napkin, he needs like 70% what's left, which isn't happening.

Arizona has been over for awhile but people have been squeamish about calls, and this makes it super duper over.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This is all playing out *exactly* like me and the rest of the world's numbers nerds said it would on Tuesday night. This hasn't been in doubt since about 2 a.m. eastern time on Wednesday morning.

If we were using the same standards to "call" states and elections that we usually do, Biden would have been giving his speech as president-elect by Wednesday midday. The deference we're giving to Trump here is dangerous and absurd.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Alpha Mail: Joe Biden's Path to the Presidency

swingline likes this.
  9. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

I've been following this site throughout showing what the betting markets are thinking, and it's had Arizona about 75-80% Biden for a very long time. With this latest Maricopa news, it has jumped to about 95%.

Election 2020

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

That is a very good point!

( i do that right? )

Can convicted felons serve as president?

If so, he can work remote from wherever he ends up.

Working remote is a thing now, you know.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm unwilling to go too far down the faithless elector rabbit hole. Anyone doing that would know they directly led to us becoming Belarus. There has been too much, too public, and everyone knows the vote totals. Trump can try to use the courts, but even his packed SCOTUS knows what would happen.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I stopped a long time ago.
    NPR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.