1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Better get your shoes repaired as soon as you can if you live in Ohio. Might want to get a haircut, too...and riblets.

Inky_Wretch, SFIND and Spartan Squad like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I need to make that a Facebook post. "Go get your hair cut, and ask for it to be cut a little shorter than usual. I got real tired of listening to people bitching about needing a hair cut last time. Be prepared."

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Got mine cut two weeks ago, just like I got it cut a week before the last shutdown. First time was luck. This time was foresight.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I’ve only had three haircuts this year anyway. Maybe four.

Got one in May when everything in Ohio opened back up. Two since. Probably got one sometime this year before May, can’t remember.

I can go awhile without one.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm getting mine cut Saturday. It's been almost two months.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm bald.

But my Santa beard needs a trim in a major way.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As many probably know, my niece (19), was positive a couple weeks ago. She had high fever, hard hacking coughs a few days, flat on her back with no energy, etc etc.

She was quarantined in her dorm at college for 10 days.
    She's better now, fever is gone, cough all but completely gone, she's been given the ok to return to "normal" (ie, normal for COVID world) activities.

But she's still more sleepy than she should be. She still has a nagging couple-times-a-day cough. She can't go see her grandmother (undergoing cancer chemotherapy). I'm 62 so she probably won't see me until Thanksgiving (maybe).

Maybe we got lucky this time. I'm not too much on the idea of "hoping we stay lucky" as an action plan.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

This his me earlier this week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, I was zapped and in bed asleep each night before 9:00.

maumann likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's been three days now. Or did they mean when the counting was done.

lakefront likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think it's clear there are going to be aftereffects nobody has thought about yet.

The indifference toward the 240,000* deaths is one thing. The indifference to the potential decades of aftereffects is another. It'll be one of the preexisting conditions for which they want to cut off coverage.

Becca is 19, young, strong, fast (she gets all that from her dad's family). She had been a 3-sport athlete until her junior year in high school. She may never be that again. She may, but it'll take a while to find out.
    She's not my daughter, so my concern is secondhand. I'm not going to be moved to violent action. But at least I have some concern, unlike the worthless fucks of Team Fatfuck, who have raised not giving a fuck to a religious philosophy.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    SFIND, wicked, maumann and 1 other person like this.
  12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I got sick and tired of being sick and tired and whacked off my scrunchied two-footer sometime in mid-April. Now I have Albert Einstein's hair and a mullet. Thinking of playing with danger colors...

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted