1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think you’re wrong. The Christians have been saying that Jesus is coming right back. 2,000 years later we are still waiting for him. The largest conspiracy in the history of the world, Christ rising and coming back, is predicated on immediacy but it never has to be true.

BitterYoungMatador2 and Pilot like this.
  2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

That's a great example. Ha, there's a Parks & Rec episode where that happens and I was definitely thinking of that while writing my post!

The main Qanon animal I observe staked his world on Biden withdrawing before the election. Now he's doubled down on the secret magic ballot sting. My main goal, besides being entertained by his spiral into madness, is to get him to pinpoint specific events and dates and not nebulous "something big's gonna come" kind of shit so that there's a firm record of him being wrong. Maybe when he misses enough times he'll crack just a little?

I just can't get over how hard he (and they) insist on whiffing. I don't even have to prod to get him to get specific. Every single thing pitched their way they swing for like they're going to launch it into orbit and they've yet to connect.

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Good point.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

40 yrs ago I was a member of a Born Again congregation and they preached the resurrection/rapture was coming "this soon (tomorrow)." Yeah there's a reason my kids are atheist (but I respect others' right/freedom to believe whatever they want.)

Fred siegle likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What was happening when Falwell Jr. was sinning?

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Calling the election is bad for business. Keeping the race alive is good for business.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Scattershooting while wondering what happened to YankeeFan:

Death by a thousand cuts for Fatfuck as the Pennsylvania votes trickle in. And fuck their GOP legislature for not permitting early processing. They're paying for their stupidity now.

This is still ridiculous that we are three days after election day and it's not decided. Popular vote.

The Arizona SOS was on 60 Minutes last Sunday bragging about how her state would have their vote buttoned up quickly. How's that working out for you?

As for Nevada, WTF. The state's and Clark County's population has boomed in the last 20 years. Apparently their election infrastructure hasn't.

And no excuse for nobody calling North Carolina yet. Fatfuck's lead has stayed at 75k for the last three days. Or Alaska.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Many polls were wrong about this election. But not the polar bears.

[​IMG]

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree. Mainly because you never know the next loony thing Trump might say. This is like the OJ chase on a continuous loop.

Fred siegle likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not until Trump and his accomplices are prosecuted. That would do more to heal this country than just about anything else IMO.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.