1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

No line.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This was good, but that rent control measure was opposed by just about everyone because it was really shady. The same measure was tried two years ago and met with the same result.

The more interesting ones were the rejection of cash bail and denying 17 year olds the ability to vote in primaries if they will be 18 by the general. Cash bail had a really good appeal but 1) too many people are upset by California releasing low level offenders recently (which anecdotally led to a rise in petty crime, but that might be separate issues) 2) there were questions about who would decide who is released and who must be incarcerated pending trial.

And the 17 year old measure I didn't think that would be an issue and have no clue why that one didn't pass.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Florida's vote isn't close. Now if you raised North Carolina as an example, that might make more sense. That is part of the problem here. Most of the states President Trump won weren't close.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Watch this kid do The Homer.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“The people, they come running to me and they say, Mr. President, Mr. President, they made me drink the pink drink and it turned me gay.”

Mngwa likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

just asking questions

TowelWaver likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

Hoping Elliotte or other members in sj.com/canuckistan can confirm, but I've seen a couple of tweets (which is why I'm questioning the source) saying the CBC has called it for Biden.

maumann likes this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Matthew Whitaker returns. Sweating Meathead from Season 2, you will recall.

Even the writers are bored of Trump.

12. HanSenSE

Gritty sighting (or is it RSW?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.