1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

How many people will soon to be having if not already be having tattoo buyer's remorse?

There's a guy a street over who has a HUGE Trump/Pence sign in his garage. American flag too, of course. Whole back wall facing the street.

It'll be interesting to see how long it stays.

OscarMadison, Driftwood and maumann like this.
  2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I’ve been studying the habits of Trumpists on social media for months, and there are five categories I can see:

-the rage demon: spews nothing but vitriol. Conspiracy theorist. Angry at everyone and everything.
    - the moron: Shares every false meme that claims trump’s goodness. Thinks melania is the greatest. Will admit that sometimes trump says things he shouldn’t say, but he is attacked so much who could blame him.
    - the whatabout: pops into every political discussion against trump with a “what about Biden, Clinton, Obama.” When cornered in a lie, will post agree to disagree or Maga2020.
    - the never trump: this is the one starts sentences with “I don’t like trump,but...” and then defends him vigorously using key right wing talking points. Often claims to be a libertarian.
    - the silent Trumpist: never posts anything about trump or even Biden. Avoids liking or commenting on politics, but will post clues such as how much things were back in the day; posts about we need real Americans; backs the blue.

I finally figured out what ties them together. It’s mental plagiarism. None of them think for themselves. The vast majority of their posts are memes or prageru videos with no added commenting aside from “so true” or “this.” They take others’ thoughts and pass off as their own.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

This needed saying. I appreciate you.

Fred siegle and Machine Head like this.
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

old_tony is The Moron and YF is The Whatabout.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

To be fair, I think we’ve all been made mental plagiarists due to the internet to some degree. Myself included.

BTExpress and maumann like this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Even if you dislike their music, everyone’s gotta admit Steve Perry has one tremendous set of pipes.

HC, qtlaw, I Should Coco and 3 others like this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The local republican officials, state representatives and their followers are just so delusional. They parrot everything they see and hear. They’ll quote Breibart and easily and lovingly as they do the Bible. Here are the same people that have been wrong about COVID every step of the way. Open schools, open businesses. The most selfish and narcissistic people in the country. So many more than I ever thought.
    It’s like turning over wet soggy board that’s been laying on the ground for a month. Who knew there were so many bugs?

cyclingwriter2 and maumann like this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

facebook

cyclingwriter2 and Hermes like this.
  9. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Back when I used Kodi to stream - maybe it was not the most legal thing to do - British channels, these betting commercials would be on all the time. They were as ubiquitous, if not more, than the pharmaceutical ones we have here. Either the Brits love to bet, or there are no regulations. Not surprisingly, they were usually on during sports - even the lower-tiered National League games.

I miss those channels. British TV was really enjoyable to watch.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

Steve Perry is godlike. No Steve Perry slander allowed.

Regan MacNeil and TowelWaver like this.
  11. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Remember this trick when you are looking for their ball:

“you playing a Titleist?”

“yes that must be it”

“sorry this is a Srixon”

those are also the knobs who inchworm their balls, even on 20 foot putts.

OscarMadison, Hermes and maumann like this.
  12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

When in Facebook, act like Facebookers ... post memes and don't expect to be challenged.

And when you are, cry about it and engage in deletions and blockings.

I've got about a month more on that site but I've some family business to settle before I fuck off.

As I've needed to do for a while. Nothing would make me happier than never to hear from a few of those people, ever again.

maumann likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.