1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Ironically, it looks like Biden actually lost a little bit with minority voters. A lot of it was that Cuban thing, but not all of it. His margins in the urban areas were just a tick behind Clinton. The difference between this and 2016 was Biden appealing to white independents.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Oh.

The Kaw Nation (or Kanza or Kansa) are a federally recognized Native American tribe in Oklahoma and parts of Kansas. They come from the central Midwestern United States. The tribe known as Kaw have also been known as the "People of the South wind",[2] "People of water", Kansa, Kaza, Konza, Conza, Quans, Kosa, and Kasa. Their tribal language is Kansa, classified as a Siouan language.

The toponym "Kansas" was derived from the name of this tribe. The name of Topeka, capital city of Kansas, is said to be the Kaw word Tó Ppí Kˀémeaning "a good place to grow potatoes". The Kaw are closely related to the Osage Nation, with whom members often intermarried.​

Kaw people - Wikipedia

I cannot verify that Topeka is, in fact, a good place to grow potatoes.

Wenders, Regan MacNeil and maumann like this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I do like how that was worded.

"the OTHER asshole."

I just pray if any of Biden's mind is gone, it's the part that remembers Eastern Europe exists.

Oh, well. Scratch that narrative.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is there a Kaw word in Lawrence that means "a good place to grow football players"?

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Counting the days. And the explosions.

[​IMG]

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Snd not one automatic weapon or dudes dressed in camo in sight.

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I will verify that it's an excellent place to get your tow dolly fixed when one of the wheel bearings is overheating in the middle of a 70-day cross-country trip.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Ironically, I’m hoping Biden has a little Truman in him. Underestimated by everybody but proves to be up to the job more than anyone knew.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I had a friend ask me to explain what QAnon is and when you have to explain it all outloud it's just the stupidest thing imaginable and the fact that it now has an entire faction in Congress is almost scarier than Trump.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Leslie Knope must be so excited right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.