1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

17000 pages.

We are eventually going to need a new thread.

Lock and throw away the key on this one.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

So what's next for Trump? The sad state of that press conference points to him being trapped in a place where he'll have to spin offal into gold. He could go to Branson, Missouri. (Didn't someone else mention this?) His base will adore it and him and he could make money hand over fist selling his brand of snake oil. Anyone on the Trump Train wanting to gather up what's left of their dialectical gravitas will most likely try to pretend the last four years didn't happen.

gingerbread and I Should Coco like this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Slam the lid on it at noon on Jan. 21, 2021.

Driftwood and OscarMadison like this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I think we see where things are headed electorally with Arizona and Georgia flipping, Texas turning a shade short of purple and smart voters fleeing red Ohio in droves. What states are next to flip either way?

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Or he wasn't alive on VE or VJ days, the last time celebrations of this magnitude broke out across the nation.

Tighthead and Driftwood like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thank you Michigan
    Thank you Wisconsin
    Thank you Pennsylvania
    Thank you disillusionment with Trump

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Montana is becoming increasingly blue. Can't see it ever happening in the Buffalo Commons, the deep Confederate South or the Missouri/Arkansas/Kentucky/Tennessee corridor.

gingerbread and Twirling Time like this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'd like to say North Carolina - the cities are bluer than Duke and Chapel Hill - and the county where my mother is has gone blue, too. Some of the rural areas are more red than the Brickyard at another noted campus in the state, but it's showing signs of progress. Enough progress? I dunno.

Driftwood and Twirling Time like this.
  11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The thought of Trump playing to a half-filled, 50-seat dinner theater in Branson, while Yakov Smirnoff plays to a full house, just made me smile.

wicked, MTM, OscarMadison and 3 others like this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Wait until inauguration. Tru is gonna be out of control for the next few months

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.