1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

You can cross a lot of those off. Ha, including Biden?

Sanders is too old.
    Obama has no interest.
    Does anyone actively like Pence?
    Warren's too old, too.
    Yang... will need to do something in the next 4 years.

I'm surprised Trump isn't hire. He's arrogant enough to run again.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

When we made it through eight years of Obama without one I stopped worrying about Presidential assassinations. It's been 40 years since Hinckley and Reagan, the last time the Secret Service really dropped the ball. Security measures have improved.

gingerbread, I Should Coco and Batman like this.
  3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

You're right. Just the first list I found when I Googled it. Obviously missing some. Don Jr.?

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Texas won't flip a switch and suddenly be blue for ever after. It will be a process that will take at least a couple of presidential cycles. In the meantime, I look forward to the influx of campaign advertising money.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He did a fantastic job of making it a referendum on Trump while having *just* enough of his own identity to not be easily definably by negative ads.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The Four Seasons press conference is more humiliating than anything Rudy did on Borat. That was some straight-out-of-Arrested-Development insanity.

wicked, Fred siegle, Dyno and 4 others like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A lot of young people are moving to Texas and the natives are coming of age and are raging young liberals.

Texas will be blue in '24.

Gutter likes this.
  8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It's interesting that it's going to be the suburbs, though, not the south edge, that make that happen, though, isn't it? If this election was any indication, anyway.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Four Seasons thing makes no fucking sense. Vice or Buzzfeed or one of those e-rags will have the story on how it came together.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Joe Biden will be a two-term president. I'm calling it now. He'll be 86 when he punches out in January 2029, but Dick Cheney is still alive and I rest my case.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Walk like a man

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What that basically means is . . .
    Clinton knew any suit was hopeless.
    Trump doesn't (or won't admit it).

That's all that is. Clinton was pragmatic. But still whined about it for four years.

You know, you can say "interference" all day long and twice on Sunday, but . . .

. . . it didn't stop anyone from voting, and
    . . . it did not change a vote anyone cast.

Yes, they bought ads saying Hillary was the devil. Same thing Rush Limbaugh's been telling us for 28 years.

And Clinton's claims of "voter suppression" and "voter purging" has nothing to do with Russia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.