1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

in soviet russia america greats you

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

With Georgia, Democrats finally got one of those "someday the demographics are gonna flip it" deep red states that they always talk about. But Wisconsin looks especially ripe for the picking for a non-Trump Republican.

Good point, Mr. Stain. Millennials and educated 30s-40s flock to Atlanta. Wisconsin has Milwaukee. If you're a millennial, why live there when Chicago is so close, and Madison just isn't big enough to carry the whole state. The same with Ohio. Cleveland, Columbus and Cincy get some millennials, but they are not considered hip in any way, shape or form.

In Michigan, a revival of Detroit would help; I've heard some rumblings that it's becoming marginally hip because housing is so affordable.

Kids from the Upper Midwest flock to Denver and MSP. That's a big reason why those states are blue. Same with Georgia/Atlanta, and Carolina/Research Triangle and Texas/Metroplex, San Antonio and Austin, Houston to a lesser extent. Carolina might be about 10 years behind, and it doesn't have the urban black population Georgia does, but it's bluer.Liberal millennials will live in the south because it's not grampa's cracker south anymore.

I totally agree with you on Biden, that he was the only guy who could beat Trump. That's why he had to be the guy, because beating Trump was priority A. Nothing good happens for four years if Trump wins. Maybe the left wing of the party won't get all they want under Biden, but they get nothing under Trump. And AOC is very smart. She'll play the game, compromise when necessary, and get some stuff done, maybe an inch or two at a time, but over time she'll move the needle.

maumann likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

If I said it once, I said it a hundred times.

Giuliani press conference first, adult book store second.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Big Girls Don't Cry

[​IMG]

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think this is very likely. the different in the vote right now is 650,000. Imagine the population shift in four years -- 2016 to 2019 saw it grown by nearly 1.4 million. That's at least a baseline leading into whatever would get added in 2024

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Gutter likes this.
  10. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

It means so much not to have, for the next four years:
    Trump
    A lack of Covid response
    Trump's kids
    Kushner
    Barr
    Pompeo
    DeVos
    DeJoy
    Miller
    And all the rest.

That is what was won today.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I suspect there have been quite a few that were thwarted in the planning stages, which we'll probably find out about in tiny tiny drips at a time.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Suck it, Geraldine!

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.