1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I believe "Big Girls Do Cry" may be in the adult shop next to the Four Seasons.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Don't make me pull out my editor's pica pole and whap you!

IT'S WHO!

"... patriot WHO truly loves America."

People are "who." Things are "that." Even Betsy DeVos knows that. So Johnson not only flunked political science but fifth grade English as well.

(Of course, the worst one here is the local restaurant with "meat's", "salad's" and "dinner's." Just grates my eyeballs every time I pass it.)

3. maumann

The Atlanta CBS affiliate just put up "thousands of Trump supporters celebrate" on the Chryon to the election tonight while showing the party at 10th at Piedmont.

Good god, I'd give a kingdom for someone WHO proofreads worth a tinker's damn.

If I walk into heaven and there's a "first annual" sign, I'm leaving.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No
    Russia’s intervention which is true, is a lot
    More palatable than Donald Trump, failure liar loser cheater deadbeat rapist thief game show host racist moron was the person that got enough EC votes to become president. Putin pulling the strings is more palatable than 72 million Americans are violent racist thugs who follow a dirty religion of hate and selfishness.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

No. Obama served eight years and faced more threats than anybody else, but nobody took a shot at him. I think Reagan was a wake-up call for the Secret Service. No attempts since that day in 1981, when a guy was able to stand on the sidewalk and get off several shots.

maumann likes this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Outside of the fact that Betsy DeVos knows what a dollar is and that she has billions more of them than you do, I don't assume that she knows anything. She's in more need of an ... wait for it ... education than anyone who has ever warmed that seat.

Frighteningly out of touch and frighteningly incompetent. Other than that, she's great.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Is heaven run by a hedge fund? If so, we might be out of luck. Because almost no one values editing these days.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  8. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

E9B0D823-7E77-487B-9589-16C8A07B836E.jpeg
    we won’t miss the fucking 50 lies a day by the chief executive officer of the United States government. And the scumbag trolls who make excuses for it.

UNCGrad and Spartan Squad like this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I want to think it was '79, might have been '78. We were driving through Georgia, and word came out that Carter was going to his home church on Sunday morning. We detoured to see the President. I guess I was 8. I was far more enamored by the Secret Service than I was some old dude getting out of a limo and waving to people. Everything was taped off. A woman jumped under the tape and went running toward Carter. She wasn't a threat, but we are only a few years after Ford's memorable two weeks. The Secret Service bulldogged her to the ground. It was awesome.
    Fast forward to '88. I was on a high school trip to see Quayle speak in the run up to the election. We had an idiot walking around with his fingers pointed out while in his jacket pockets. The Secret Service nabbed him. It took a while for our teacher to convince them he was a moron and not an assassin.

ChrisLong, OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  11. maumann

Jesus saves. And conjugates.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Just go ahead and pencil Alabama in at next to last.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.