1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I had doubts when they used the photo from the Tulsa disaster. This appears to be real. I blame soccer.
    EmRH_53XYAAkF9h.jpg

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Here is the real one EmRMgOJVMAIG-fN.jpg

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

This one looks legit. The drop shadow on the largest font, the page refers, the other fill-in info.

The other lacked many of those components. Far too generic.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If you want to criticize her on her policy decisions or the substance of her statements, that’s perfectly fair.

But the whole thing about “tone” and “cackles” is meaningless. As a voter, am I supposed to think it comes down to an incompetent whose decisions led to the deaths of 235,000 citizens, or a challenger whose running mate cackles in debates?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Tempting as it may be in this case, nobody is going to make the lead art (or headline) the day an election is called of the losing candidate.

HanSenSE and Hermes like this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Giggity

Hermes likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The way Trump is holding his arms, it looks like the guy in the suit just cuffed him.

garrow likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I thought for a moment you solved my election campaign ad problem, but the television in the jail is on 18 hours a day and you aren't allowed to change the channel or mute the damn thing!

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Haha, wow.
    Okay.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’ve told this story before. 2008, 6 a.m. waiting on line to vote in my not especially diverse suburb. My next door neighbor who is Black is on line about five places ahead of me. After he gets out of the booth, he sees a Black friend right in front of me and they both break down crying and hugging. He then gives me a bear hug and I can still feel the tears on my shoulder. Nothing will match that for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.