1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

You hit it on the screws. Right down the middle with a little power fade. And I'm glad OscarMadison has a great sense of humor. A little silliness goes a long ways this week/year/administration.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner/Coco-

I believe I had it the first week of January after time spent with a huge crowd at a Medieval Times.

Same story as Driftwood. I came home from work with the five-alarm-hangover headache that sufferers have mentioned, and sweat through a Cobra Kai hoodie during the course of the night. At one point in the night I had a duvet tightly wrapped around me. Felt good as new two days later. But I've had mild shortness of breath carrying shit up and down stairs that I've never had before.

As Olbermann has said, no one knows the long-term effects for children, or anyone else that matter. High concentrations of viral load found in the frontal lobe during routine autopsy. We know nothing about this. That is why we need this demon out NOW.

maumann and SFIND like this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Viva Mexico, mejor de los Estados Unidos un otra vez

OscarMadison and SFIND like this.
  4. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I really envy you as I sit in a gym for a prep tournament volleyball match with approximately 600 of my closest friends. So much for the 300 cap that's supposedly in place.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Forget the result. The crowd size is your story.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Holy cow, y’all. Whatever COVID is hit me as hard this afternoon as any day since day 1. I’m starting to feel better now, but about 5:00 I felt like somebody had dropped 50-pound sandbags out of an airplane on me. I was totally down for the count. It was bad.
    I was honestly on the ground. If you’d asked me to walk across the room, it would have been difficult.

maumann likes this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Take it easy and take nothing for granted. Take a load off. Don't overdo anything.

(I know this is obvious, but too many people try to play hero and get themselves in much bigger trouble. Don't be that person.)

OscarMadison, maumann and Driftwood like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is why this disease, minimized by public figures from football coaches to POTUS, is worse than death counts can measure. It makes comebacks. It leaves victims with long-term issues.

9. Driftwood

Thanks everyone.
    Seriously, I walked 4 miles this morning, did yard work, went fishing with my wife, and all of a sudden - BAM! I felt like I'd been hit by a ton of bricks. A few hours later, I feel OK. It's totally weird.
    I'm 17 days since the positive test and a week out of quarantine.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

For all the death reported and recorded, one of the grossly underreported aspects of COVID is the long-term clinical damage it is leaving. I'm afraid that some of that damage might be permanent, and I really hope I'm wrong on that one.

OscarMadison, maumann and Driftwood like this.
  11. Driftwood

Yeah, guess I've got a pre-existing condition now.

maumann likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Didyacatchanything?

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted