1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Mitt Romney is on CNN right now, and he's a friggin weasel, too.

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I keep seeing Trump and others say it has to be fake because the vote totals in the cities, or because the senate Biden ran ahead of Democrat senate candidates here or there.

It’s amazing we’re this deep into the Trump era and some people don’t realize he’s a uniquely detestable asshole.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Related: Trump Senior wrote his campaign a check from his account for the first and only time at that event.

TowelWaver likes this.
  4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

It'll find what every other investigation finds of the Democrats, there is no evidence of wrongdoing. It's stunning that these people cannot wrap their heads around the idea that people would have rather voted by mail then go stand in line and risk exposure to a deadly virus.

5. Driftwood

I'm honestly surprised that Lindsey hasn't already offered to wash Biden's car or something. I figured he'd be the first rat off the sinking ship.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

muh conservative principles

7. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how the Lincoln Project people and the other never-Trumpers in the GOP treat Biden. Will they really support him or will they claim that he owes them and demand that he ignore the progressives in his party because they (maybe, maybe not) helped get him elected? Was that their long game? To have a seat at Biden's table? Kasich already seems to be making that demand.

As well-produced and perfectly messaged as the Lincoln Project ads were, I've been a bit skeptical. When I said on this board a long time ago that, "These are great, but why are they doing them and not the Dems?" the response was let them spend their money and let the Dems wait until after the conventions. Still it gave them a platform. Kasich spoke at the Democratic convention. Now what?

Is the Lincoln Project a Trojan horse? If those folks are truly going to use their powers to support (not demand from) Biden and help the country heal, that's great. If it's a way to rebuild the Republican Party, or control the Dems from the inside, well, things might get uncomfortable.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The best Christians

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

10. Driftwood

The world would have been a much better place if Gingrich's dad had pulled out.

I did just read an actual very good point: The quick congratulations from world leaders means the bridges Trump burned were his own, not the country's.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

It was always this, a personal and party rebranding. By and large, they like what they're getting (tax cuts, deregulation, Supreme Court) but not the methods or associated costs. They want to take back control of what they created, not stop it altogether.

TowelWaver and maumann like this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.