1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The right wing media is calling for Biden to be open, conciliatory and show leadership. 3 things they loved when trump did not.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Let's talk about being conciliatory when we finally get a concession.

They said, Biden really needs to find a way to put this back together. That doesn't mean bend over and take it but it does mean we need to compromise again. The whole reason we got Trump is the brinkmanship we had in government that pissed people off. Yes, most of that was Turtleman but we really need to put a stop to it.

Now allow me to throw out a hot take: You will never get a GOP senator to join the cabinet if it means losing a majority. How about a calculated leadership vote. Dems make a motion to make Romney the majority leader. 48 Dems say yes and make a deal with Susan Collins or Alaska's senator to get Moscow Mitch out of leadership. Romney will still push for his party but he's got a brain.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Biden’s Win, House Losses, and What’s Next for the Left

I draw several conclusions here:

1. She’s smart as a whip.

2. She’s a zealot

3. If America ever does go to a popular vote instead of an electoral college, she’s a third party candidate.

“But I’m serious when I tell people the odds of me running for higher office and the odds of me just going off trying to start a homestead somewhere — they’re probably the same.”

5. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

The Dow could hit an all-time high today with the vaccine news and Biden's win, possibly even 30,000.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Dancing in Philly, Bells ringing in Paris and cash registers clanging on Wall Street. Trump is the most disliked person on the planet

Fred siegle and Driftwood like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Vaccine news? What vaccine news? :eek: This, uh, Bloomberg reporter says it's ALL because of Biden. It's a Biden Bump, for cryin' out loud!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The only thing I would offer Pat Toomey, diminutive rat bastard that he is, is a middle finger. First of all, he’s already said he won’t seek re-election in 2022 so you’re going to hand him a gig only to have to start campaigning in a year anyways. Secondly, he’s a piece of shit. When the repeal and replace discussion and votes were taking place he flat out refused to hold a town hall (which many Republicans were doing) or listen to any constituents in his district.

wicked likes this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Meaning . . . ?

10. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.