1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Currently crunching the numbers . . .

[​IMG]

HC and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Apologies for the potential thrreadjack, but ...
    At the same time, it scares the hell out of me there are some who are claiming Pfizer waited until after the election to do this. Pfizer was never a part of Operation Warp Speed. Good gawd, it's about saving lives, not about which party gets the credit.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Isn’t he in the federal system somewhere?

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey, Trump has distribution plans too!

5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is good “cornhole” form by Mr. Trump.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If Pfizer's vaccine is as promising as they believe, chances are several of the other vaccine candidates are going to prove pretty effective. At some point relatively soon, AstraZenaca and GlaxoSmithKline and Moderna and some other companies are likely to release interim results that look good, and at that point will it be that they all waited until after the election in a plot? It's absurd, but this is the stupidity we have allowed to infiltrate American discourse.

Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  7. The Big Ragu

BTW, the fact that there are likely to be several good vaccines is huge. Not just in terms of having enough doses to reach billions of people, but with the studies they are currently doing, there is a chance that one vaccine may prove more efficacious on one population, while another performs better on another population. Once they dig in and get that level of granularity, they may be able to cater the vaccine anyone gets to their age, risk factors, etc.

8. tapintoamerica

If Moderna, a Trumpist outfit if ever there was one, has held out and is still holding out on an announcement, there is no conspiracy against the lord and savior.

9. The Big Ragu

There is a lot that is shifty about the way Moderna operates, and I personally don't trust the company. But just because they may be a giant con job, and Trump is a con man, doesn't mean that they are an outfit. Before you point me to Moncef Slaoui ending up heading the Warp Speed thing, you can associate him more with GSK than Moderna, but I suspect you wouldn't call GSK a "Trumpist outfit."

10. tapintoamerica

Fair enough. I didn't know he worked for both.
    And I don't have rankings of big pharma companies by level of legitimacy. (But I'm sure there are such rankings and that they were once part of the BCS formula.)

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Pfizer owes the government taxes on their profits for this because their profits aren't made in a vacuum. If the government hadn't fucked up the virus response beyond all reasonable imagination, there wouldn't be so much need for a vaccine and then where would the demand be for their supply?

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted