1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Chicken or egg debate.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But everybody recovers. It doesn’t kill anybody. So it’s overblown.
    Fuck you. I know what dementia does and what it looks like. I saw my father, a competitive athlete until he was 70, degenerate over seven years until he mercifully passed away before he could forget who I was.
    We don’t fully know the long-term problems this thing will cause. And we have politicians and football coaches and media types dismissing it. These are people of influence. They are complicit in future tragedy.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Look at the dementia references.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't doubt it. I've read many of those stories. Viral load in the frontal lobe. That's some weird science, right there.

But you're not going to catch this, be isolated from all friends and loved ones, be all but abandoned by one's government and just feel super about everything.

That's without potential job loss and attendant financial problems.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

130,000 new cases.

Yesterday.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Wonder how far we are away from a mass failure of our medical infrastructure?

8. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

BTExpress likes this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

"In the three months following testing positive for COVID-19, 1 in 5 survivors were recorded as having a first time diagnosis of anxiety, depression or insomnia."

Check, check, and check.
    Now, to be fair, I've got a crap ton going on in my life right now, but anxiety and depression have never been part of it. I haven't slept well since we went from QuarkXpress to InDesign 15 yeas ago.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Is he tossing beef jerky?

swingline likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted