1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I don't think they care. The Republican Party of 10 years ago would have cared. But that is almost entirely gone. Every election cycle, the crazies get a deeper hold and they are now most of the party.

2. RickStain

And by crazies, I mean fascist. This is a fascist movement.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You guys want to wage civil war, go ahead, 10% of the country, CA is leaving. You don't get our manufacturing, our medical research, or our agriculture. See ya.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We're not going to devolve into 1861.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

6. RickStain

Exactly. If Trump can convince the courts or state legislatures to install him in a legal coup, then that's that. Enjoy your fake democracy under fascist rule. It's not like we're the only democracy in history to fall to that. We just thought we were special and it couldn't happen here.

But General Biden is not going to lead the California 32nd on a campaign to consolidate everything west of the Rockies with sorties into Arizona.

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friend, you started such a thread declaring we are!

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Trolling the libs and never admitting you did anything wrong is their governing structure. Dear Leader sent word that no one concedes anything and he wants to ignore reality. I took this more as a poor joke than anything else.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I must've been thinking about the Beavers and Ducks or something.

HanSenSE and Jerry-atric like this.
  10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Short of that, I simply fear that every election will be contested like this, from now on. It will be like the Supreme Court. Just another “partisan” exercise.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The United States of Amagaca

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rick, civil war takes many forms. My references to Northern Ireland are what I imagine ours would be like, a constant cycle of retaliatory murders, bombings, etc. that do nothing but sow all-around chaos everywhere. I will point out that state legislators have no security outside their capitol buildings and have deep roots inside their communities, meaning everybody knows where they live, work, commute, etc. They'd be the most logical and softest targets for revenge if they decide to steal the election. They have no Federal Protective Service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.