1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Just pulled the plug on a Thanksgiving trip to visit family back in New York State. That's three trips canceled in our family in October (Minnesota) and earlier in November (South Dakota). Thank you Delta for being so accommodating in crediting the funds paid toward future trips with no questions asked. I am sure other airlines are doing it too, but the more I've worked with Delta the more impressed I am.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Let’s check in on the coronavirus surge in rural America, which seems bad.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Even money we get our first 200k day in the next week.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This may seem a little ghoulish or over the top. I intend it as a public service message.

My brother works as a respiratory therapist in a hospital Covid ward in Texas. This is the mask he wears at work, and he adds a snug fitting pair of safety glasses. If the increasing numbers scare you, if you want a little insurance in your back pocket in case Covid really blows up in your area sometime soon, well, this is what he advised me to go on and grab now while there are supplies on the shelf.

The 5500 is ten bucks cheaper, but for the money you might as well get the good one.

You want the filter type (and more expensive) filter cartridges. Sold in pairs for $26 or so (the mask requires two, this isn't one and a spare). The cheaper ones are intended for industrial particles. They last him about a month. He says they can be cleaned. I assume you can find out how online or I can ask him if anyone actually springs for one.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The underreported part of how one can contract COVID ... through the eyes.

While I'm certain that face shields help, at what point might it be better to go with safety goggles? Or, for those in certain areas who might already possess a pair, ski goggles?

This, of course, is in addition to the mask, not in lieu of one.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The tool itself is not new. It was developed in March according to a couple of stories I noticed. It may have been updated. At any rate, it's pretty frightening.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Months and months ago, an NBC reporter was convinced that's how he caught it on a plane trip. Through the eyes.

11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Some people can breathe through their eyes.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

What is wrong with you?

Draft saved Draft deleted