1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

literal imbecile

Mngwa and SFIND like this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Wonder if things could have been better had experts pounded home the importance of the QUALITY of your mask.

Sure, 100 percent of people at my grocer are masked. 92 percent of them in homemade cloth shit that does little.

Our citizens are pretty good at maintaining a facade of doing the right thing, while often accomplishing little. Like wearing a step-counter . . . and celebrating your 10,000 milestone each day with a 1,300-calorie milkshake.

Hermes and TigerVols like this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Was that directed at me?

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"More women are pregnant because we're doing more pregnancy tests. Not because they're doing the things that lead to pregnancy."

wicked and SFIND like this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

“It’s a miracle, really. Almost immaculate, is what they tell me.”

SFIND likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh. More like my sister-in-law.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

immaculate marcos so many shoes her husband was very tough very tough

wicked, garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I order Diet Coke with double cheeseburgers, so I’m going to refrain from commenting.

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Im a big fan of Zeynep Tufecki's work. She's pretty smart in her writings about COVID

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I really think this is overblown. People are idiots because they choose to be, and are not wearing masks or are going to large, dangerous gatherings not because the government is making them do it, or influencing them to do it. They're doing it because that's what they want to do. And doing what you want is always easier than doing what you don't want. At the root of idiocy is laziness, and that's all any lack of compliance is.

I can't stand the masks, and hate that I have to wear them, basically, all day and into the night, every day at work. If there was someone who, at this point, would be tired of complying with an edict to wear them, or to not be part of gatherings, etc., it would be me.

But I still do it, because if I want to be at/go to work, I have to, and because I'm not being lazy otherwise.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted