1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Usually we do a whole spread for Thanksgiving at either my brother's or my house (we live on opposite sides of the Houston metro area) and our relatives in the city or from the San Antonio area make the drive to celebrate with us. As much as it pains us--and especially my parents who haven't seen their grandkids in person in almost a year--we're siloing off and ordering smoked turkey and fixings from a local BBQ place just for our immediate family.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Knoxville has the worst air quality of any of the larger metropolitan regions in Tennessee. Do their leaders have some kind of choke fetish?

Yes, you do. Okay, I'm not being reasonable and this is none of my business, but who draws those kinds of lines in the sand with family and loved ones? Oh, that's right. My extended family. I'm sorry Driftwood and I sincerely hope no one gets sick because of this.

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We were OK at our store when I last worked, Friday. Wonder if fears of a shutdown after 1/20/21 is stoking panic buying again.

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

What a fuckhead

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It was soooooo much worse when I was growing up in the 60s-70s, though.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wonder what changed? Oh yeah, guvmint regulations.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Literally the mayor of Knoxville choking someone.
    upload_2020-11-15_15-24-51.jpeg

If it wasn't for the fact that if we don't go, we'd literally never see my niece again, then we probably wouldn't be having Thanksgiving. It's as much a going away for her as anything. It's certainly nothing to be thankful for.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I'm sorry.

Driftwood likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving has been my favorite holiday since I don't know when. Since we moved back from Florida 11 years ago, we always hosted Thanksgiving — including an undercooked bird in one of the early years.

This year, my wife's aunt and uncle — both in there 70s, but active — have stopped going out, so they aren't coming. That leaves us with the five of us in our house, my in-laws and my sister and her husband (all are an hour to 1.5 hours away). Four or five weeks ago, my wife and I decided to see how things are closer to the date.

Now, with cases and deaths rising in the state, we're leaning toward punting this year. I'm not going to say it breaks my heart, but it's bumming me out. My sister begs off often enough that I enjoy the times we get together. Our relationship has waxed and waned over the years, but since our later 20s we've become pretty good friends, and I enjoy seeing her and whatever husband she's bringing at Thanksgiving.

Like I said, it's bumming me out.

Sorry for your family, Driftwood.

Driftwood and Neutral Corner like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You post a lot of outrageous shit on this board, but you really need to knock it the fuck off with this "let them die" nonsense. First these are human fucking beings. Second, some of the people getting this are innocent victims of other people's nonsense. We have posters on this board who have lost people they love to this disease. A little humanity.

Baron Scicluna, SFIND, Cosmo and 10 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted